Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-31-2008, 10:15 AM   #1
Veteran Member

suggested on line vendors for lenses?

In the market for either a 70ltd or a 77ltd. (No I'm not going to ask which of the two I should choose as the debate is endless.) What I am looking for is the best on-line price for these lens. Any suggested vendors?
thx in advance...

07-31-2008, 10:36 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
I like buying stuff from Amazon the most. Their packaging is often insufficient, but the stuff always looks new and they make returns easy. Make sure you don't accidentally buy from their third party resellers. They are different companies and some may not be as reputable.

Adorama and B&H are often recommended and are also good places to buy from. B&H will charge your credit card as soon as you make your purchase though, so I would avoid buying anything that isn't in stock from them.

I have also bought from BuyDig (also known as Beach Camera) without problems. They are often cheaper.

I always check resellerratings.com when buying from an online store I'm unfamiliar with. This will give you a good idea of which stores are dishonest.

edit: oops, I didn't read the post carefully enough. I agree with deejjjaaaa, prodigital2000 on ebay seems to have one of the cheapest prices on the 77.

Last edited by walter; 07-31-2008 at 10:45 AM.
07-31-2008, 10:37 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by beaumont Quote
In the market for either a 70ltd or a 77ltd. (No I'm not going to ask which of the two I should choose as the debate is endless.) What I am looking for is the best on-line price for these lens. Any suggested vendors?
thx in advance...
prodigital2000 (ebay seller) sometimes have nice deals, he was (or may be still is) the cheapest source for DA limited 35mm/2.9 Macro for example.
07-31-2008, 12:18 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Beaumont

where are you located?

If other than the States I highly recommend B&H for service and delivery.

I have used them twice and found their service excellent and prices compared to Australia are great

07-31-2008, 01:47 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Bought my 12-24 from prodigital2000 - quick shipping, great price. Only thing that was questionable was the packaging - it came in basically a big padded envelope. The lens itself was in it's Pentax box in the envelope. Weird. Otherwise, good seller.

Adorama + B&H - excellent. KEH - good also.

STAY AWAY FROM BROADWAY PHOTO AND IT'S OTHER ALIASES. Worst experience ever.
07-31-2008, 02:54 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Prodigital2000 on ebay is likely the cheapest. It's actually a brick and mortar store in Stratford, Ontario (about 30mins from me). I've bought from them before and the transaction was fine.

You may wish to buy it locally though...so that you can touch/feel/test on your camera. If you do, see if they will match prices. Aden Camera in Toronto has it on for $619 CDN. They likely won't be able to match Prodigital prices though...as their prices are below cost for other stores.

c[_]
07-31-2008, 03:02 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote

STAY AWAY FROM BROADWAY PHOTO AND IT'S OTHER ALIASES. Worst experience ever.
I must admit that I did purchase once from HotDigital (that is the name @ ebay - aka Focus Camera in the real world) of the Brooklyn/NY fame... customer service was, yes, terrible - but they actually shipped and delivered the item and they actually did not call me to sell something in addition... I received 2 different UPS tracking numbers, one was sent automatically and was correct, another one was sent by CSR who insisted in several emails that it is correct - well, the first one was... what was the purpose for CSR to send me the wrong tracking number is still a mistery.
07-31-2008, 08:21 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thx all. I'll be spending the next couple of hours comparing all of these!

07-31-2008, 08:46 PM   #9
Veteran Member

I go to pricegrabber.com and it gives a number of sellers that you can compare with. It ususally has the above names listed + a few others. I think most of the vendors ar pretty reputable that they display.

However don't mention Adorama around me. I had to email Helen there from customer service to get my TC which took 2 weeks in the end. And then it ended up having a couple scratches on the lens which was suppose to be Exc. + condition.
I didn't return it but I just won't buy from there anymore.

That said, I think most people have better luck.
08-02-2008, 06:14 PM   #10

I've used both B&H and BuyDig they have the lowest prices and excellent service
08-02-2008, 06:28 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
For used lenses, and yes I know you are not looking for a used lens (at least now...but watch out for LBA), KEH is an excellent source. Good return policy and fair prices, they ain't the cheapest but they are entirely reputable, and stand by their reputation. I can't comment on the online Adorama or B&H, I live in NYC and use their brick and mortar counterparts. I've found Adorama to be the better of the two in that regard, sales personnel are friendlier, and have even been known to recommend less expensive alternatives.

NaCl(It's a big deal when a sales rep saves me money)H2O