Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-23-2016, 11:34 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mattox Quote
there may be new collaborations in the near future
It happened with the zooms, so its likely that a prime or 2 may be a rebadge. 16/24/35/85/135 or thereabouts is my guess!

12-23-2016, 12:14 PM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by DrBop Quote
"2017 or later"
[...]
And then in the fine print: "Roadmap might change without notice."
What is interesting is that you pointed out to Olympus' 2014 roadmap which mentioned 3 lenses as being "under development" but didn't promise any date. Double standards?
Also, "specifications are subject to change" is standard, on a public roadmap. Stop complaining and start saving.

---------- Post added 23-12-16 at 09:17 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Mattox Quote
I find it strange too that we haven't at least heard some Pentax rumors/leaks.
On the contrary, it would be strange if we would hear some supposed leaks (rumors, bah, anyone can make them).
With Pentax - perhaps you're unfamiliar with them - we'd have leaks right before the official announcement. Some information is available in advance, but people in the know are keeping quiet.

---------- Post added 23-12-16 at 09:18 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by JeffB Quote
Most of those vague descriptors on that roadmap strongly resemble the other new Tamron SP lenses.

Wide-angle single focus <==?==> TAMRON SP 35mm F/1.8 Di VC USD
Large aperture standard <==?==> TAMRON SP 45mm F/1.8 Di VC USD
Large aperture medium telephoto <==?==> TAMRON SP 85mm F/1.8 Di VC USD
Except those Tamrons have all the same aperture, while the Pentax lenses don't (2 of 3 are "large aperture"). Also, there's the Large Aperture Ultra Wide-Angle Single Focus Lens, with no Tamron equivalent. And the fish-eye zoom.

Last edited by Kunzite; 12-23-2016 at 12:22 PM.
12-23-2016, 12:52 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The lenses on the roadmap usually come to fruition sooner or later but there have been some lenses introduced that weren't on the roadmap (usually the less expensive or kit lenses). Pentax usually creates their own "leaks" near introduction, more of hints, but that actually is more often done with new cameras.
12-23-2016, 12:55 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

There is nothing new coming until September 2017 if at all. So don't hold your breath. Just shoot with what you got till then.

12-23-2016, 01:11 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
It happened with the zooms, so its likely that a prime or 2 may be a rebadge
I don't think it's a policy - the re-badges were just to get the full frame line-up, out in time -I hope that's the case - the 70-2oo is the pick of the bunch - so, unless they are collaborating with Tamron on the designs, I'd expect (hope!) to see mostly or only Petax originals
12-23-2016, 01:20 PM   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
I don't think it's a policy
Well the 2 DFAs are not the first Tamron rebadges, there were earlier ones....so it IS a policy.And the demand for primes seems to be pretty high judging from comments that I read on here.
The thing is that theres a "roadmap"....but it can change and the timeframe is not defined.
12-23-2016, 01:35 PM   #22
Pentaxian

I'm still staring at the tea leaves but not seeing anything yet.

12-23-2016, 02:19 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
New APS-C....wonder what the specs will be???? 5-axis stabilization? Touchscreen, swivel LCD (I know that not everyone wants this, but it would be great if you could select focus that way)? Wi-fi? World class focus tracking? Better low light performance? Automatic focus tuning? Can't wait to hear the deets!

QuoteOriginally posted by zzeitg Quote
From our local distributer I got information that there will be 4-5 lenses in 2017.

Plus new high-end APS-C, price level between K-3 and K-1.
12-23-2016, 02:33 PM - 1 Like   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JeffB Quote
Most of those vague descriptors on that roadmap strongly resemble the other new Tamron SP lenses.

Wide-angle single focus <==?==> TAMRON SP 35mm F/1.8 Di VC USD
Large aperture standard <==?==> TAMRON SP 45mm F/1.8 Di VC USD
Large aperture medium telephoto <==?==> TAMRON SP 85mm F/1.8 Di VC USD
I'm surprised that Ricoh hasn't just bought Tamron.
12-23-2016, 02:45 PM - 1 Like   #25
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
Tamron was a failing business until saved by Sony becoming an owner. They and Cosina make the FE lenses for Sony, including the so-called "Zeiss" line.

Ricoh could buy Sigma, but since the lens business is crashing as much as the camera companies, it would make little sense for a board to do that.
12-23-2016, 03:16 PM - 1 Like   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I'm trying to read the tea leaves, but all I see is the bottom of a nearly empty cup...

I'd like the wide to be a plastic fantastic DFA 24mm to complement the 35 and the 50.

I can't see a new 35mm from Pentax when they already have three, plus the 31 and two 40s...

All I know for sure is that I need more tea...

-Eric
12-23-2016, 03:30 PM   #27
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
And maybe something big out of left field.
Hopefully a massively upgraded and hugely improved 645 digital to slam the door on Fuji and give it a bloody nose when it jumps into the medium format world. Otherwise Fuji is going to wipe everyone out. Pentax's only survival advantage in that field right now is that it has a very mature lens system, a very good name, and a very good price.
12-23-2016, 04:05 PM   #28
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
slam the door on Fuji
They've got their big foot in it already!

when it jumps into the medium format
Already jumped if PHOTOKINA was anything to go by.

Fuji is going to wipe everyone out.
So all that DOOM was correct?

Pentax's only survival advantage
a very good price.
Fujis will be very good too, as will be the size and weight.

However, MF is a very small enthusiasts market so I'm not sure about everybody getting wiped out.Some profe$$ionals may cross over but Pentax is proven,,,Fuji hasn't got a DMF to market yet!
12-23-2016, 04:13 PM - 1 Like   #29
Pentaxian

Wide aperture, wide aperture, wide aperture.... it may be a few years before I buy anymore Pentax glass.

OH Pentax, oh Pentax, why hath thou forsaken me?
12-23-2016, 04:37 PM - 1 Like   #30
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Not at all. Ricoh has exceptionally tight security. Quite a number of releases over the last few years were preceded only by "official leaks" a few weeks in advance. They are a very conservative organization, nothing is going to be "leaked" until it is very nearly on the shelf.
Part of that tight security is via obscurity. Canon rumors drive ad revenue to many websites. Pentax rumors get PF interest but are irrelevant to most photographers.

---------- Post added 12-23-16 at 06:40 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
What would Ricoh do after such a purchase??? Continue selling Canon and Nixon lenses, competing with itself? Or shut down 90% of Tamron's business?