Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-03-2008, 02:25 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
"Street" with Tamron 28-75

This is the first go at street photography for me. My first go with the Tamron also. Upon recomendations from so many people for this lens and portrait. So far no issuse with the lens that I can tell. No FF/BF. I think I got a good copy

I could have used my Super Tak but I didn't feel comfortable taking so long focusing. I felt this would be a better fit. I think the zoom is nice for this also.

I was a little nervous about the project today. I wasn't sure how people were going to react. But I did try to remain inconspicuous and respectful.

Please critique to your liking.

Last edited by OrenMc; 08-03-2008 at 02:30 PM.
08-03-2008, 03:07 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Nice shots! I love the honesty of the guy in the second pic. These are some fine examples of why I can't wait to get mine (which should be on Tuesday).

Heather
08-03-2008, 03:21 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Looks like you got an excellent copy of the lens. The pictures are so sharp and I love the colors too. Looks like the picustures were taken along 1st Avenue?
08-03-2008, 04:01 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the kind words all.

QuoteOriginally posted by Stratario Quote
Looks like you got an excellent copy of the lens. The pictures are so sharp and I love the colors too. Looks like the picustures were taken along 1st Avenue?
I have had good luck buying on line. I have yet to send one back. ( knock one wood ). I thought I would have a problem gettting the focus right with the narrow DOF but the AF seems spot on.

Looks like you know Seattle also. I stayed around the market and then down to the water front. I don't think I can run out of things to shot. There are always a bunch of characters out.

Last edited by OrenMc; 08-05-2008 at 05:12 PM.
08-04-2008, 03:39 AM   #5

To be honest your photos look really nice. They are all sharp. I'd like to buy Tamron 28-75 mm soon. But I'm afraid of bad copies. I hope I'd get a good one. Are there lots of bad copies in global market?
08-04-2008, 05:27 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Knight Quote
Are there lots of bad copies in global market?
Thats a question I can't answer.

I wanted something for portrait and seen all the plugs for this lens and went for it. I have seen posts here and there about bad copies but many more about the quality. I'ld say go for it. Just buy from a good dealer with an easy return policy.

Another thing I like about this lens is that it carries a 6 year warrrenty.

Last edited by OrenMc; 08-05-2008 at 05:12 PM.
08-04-2008, 06:25 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Awesome shots. Very well done!

c[_]

08-04-2008, 06:57 AM   #8
Veteran Member

There are one or two copies for sale by private parties on the Pentax Forums (dot) com Marketplace. You can ask them, by sending them private messages, if they are sharp copies and most likely they will tell you the truth.

QuoteOriginally posted by Knight Quote
To be honest your photos look really nice. They are all sharp. I'd like to buy Tamron 28-75 mm soon. But I'm afraid of bad copies. I hope I'd get a good one. Are there lots of bad copies in global market?
08-04-2008, 10:54 PM   #9

my copy will arrive next week. how can i check if i have a bad one?
08-04-2008, 11:21 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I'm sorry, while the pictures are nice, may I ask what if anything did you do for those folks? Other than take there picture.
08-05-2008, 01:31 AM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
I'm sorry, while the pictures are nice, may I ask what if anything did you do for those folks? Other than take there picture.
Quoted for emphasis.
08-05-2008, 01:40 AM   #12
Damn Brit

Wonderful documentary series.
Unfortunately it raises the question "what century are we living in?".
08-05-2008, 01:46 AM   #13
Veteran Member

awesome shots the first and second. Thanks for sharing

Daniel
08-05-2008, 05:51 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
Very nice work and think for a little more impact maybe convert to B&W. I qouted the folks as I am curious as well. I have tried doing something like this in a small New England town and was not welcomed at all. I did ask the folks and lets just say they said no. I fully understand thier not wanting the picture taken. I am sure if you offered them a buck they would have been more then willing to let you. These all seem as if they are more then aware of your taking them. So could we get a little more info on the day. I ask as there are many folks that want to do this type of street photography and would be interested in your approach and interaction.

Again nice shot and sad situation.
08-05-2008, 06:02 AM   #15
Veteran Member

I love the fountain picture. The homeless pictures are of a different genre. Whereas I am attracted to the technical details of the fountain, I feel the homeless pictures act as a catalyst and act on the viewer. Having worked over the years with homeless, I never ceased to be amazed by the depth of wisdom (and character) that many share if you take the time to converse with them. It is also amazing how many of them ended up in the homeless condition through a series of mishaps (many of which were not self-inflicted.) If these pictures move just one person to work (support) in a soup kitchen, homeless shelter, etc., then they are well done.