Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
01-28-2017, 05:14 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Contact me if you decide you want to sell it. I could have a use for that "Holga" effect.

01-28-2017, 07:15 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
rear element problems are more serious than front element ones. But it would not cause the problems you are experiencing.
I agree, a scratch might appear in bokeh or lower contrast at close focusing distances. It wouldn't produce this:

01-29-2017, 06:26 AM   #18
Inactive Account

Whoa ! Reversed element somewhere for sure. I had the same problem and sent mine to Erik for CLA. Now its nice and sharp.
01-30-2017, 11:49 AM   #19
Bui
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks a lot for your help. So for now I will be positive and treat it as a "special" lens while waiting for an occasion to try fixing it. Maybe I will ask the seller to return it but I think he doesn't know anything about old lens, and I didn't pay too much.

---------- Post added 01-30-17 at 11:50 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by AquaDome Quote
Contact me if you decide you want to sell it. I could have a use for that "Holga" effect.

Thank you, I can sell it to you if you like it but I'm not living in the US, not sure if it's worth our effort :-)

01-30-2017, 01:19 PM   #20
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
Given the scratch too I would demand a full refund.

The A 28mm 2.8 is a very common lens, you will find a (decent) replacement very quickly.
What Peter said ^ ^ ^

...with emphasis on the ready availability of an inexpensive replacement. 1980s vintage 28mm lenses, particularly major brands and prominent 3rd-party, offer consistently high optical quality and reasonable pricing.

Steve
02-23-2017, 03:31 PM - 1 Like   #21
Bui
Veteran Member

Original Poster
So I decided to try my luck with repairing the lens today. After removing the outer ring, there were the 3 front elements which are attached to the same tube, after that I saw the aperture blades, and behind them lied the back elements. I removed each of the 3 front elements, there was no one that is placed back-to-front. I put them back, screwed back the tube containing them. I didn't touch the back elements yet as they look a bit complicated too me. For some unknown reason I decided to put the lens back to the camera and fire some shots. The problem, the "holga" effect has disappeared.

Weird, but I think the only logical reason is one of the 3 fronts elements, or the tube that they were put it, were not screwed deep enough before, thus made the lens behave very strangely.

Anyway I can enjoy it now.