Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
03-27-2017, 07:00 AM   #31
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Can you tell us who serviced it?
It's service centre Zooma in St. Petersburg, Russia.

03-27-2017, 07:05 AM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by frogfoot Quote
It's service centre Zooma in St. Petersburg, Russia.
Hummm. I do not speak read or write Russian. Can you contact them and ask what they did? Maybe we can solve this for others.
03-27-2017, 07:15 AM   #33
Forum Member

Hummm. I do not speak read or write Russian. Can you contact them and ask what they did? Maybe we can solve this for others.
I may try, but I don't think they will share the knowledge, because they earn money with it

P.S. Actually they don't even allow direct communication of customers with servicemen. You can only communicate with receptionist, who knows very little.

Last edited by frogfoot; 03-27-2017 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Add some information
03-27-2017, 07:18 AM   #34
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by frogfoot Quote
I may try, but I don't think they will share the knowledge, because they earn money with it
Ask anyway stressing that the people interested are many thousands of miles away unlikely customers. Lol.

09-18-2017, 01:12 AM   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Found a fix for my 60-250mm

My 60-250mm stopped auto-focusing recently after a couple of years of light use on my K3. Tonight, however, I read through this thread to see if there was something I could do, and now the lens is back in business!

Here's what happened.

I tried a couple of the suggestions here (like turning it off, taking out the battery for a few minutes, cleaning contacts, then reinserting battery.) Nothing seemed to work. I tried the powering off my K3 a few more times. I noticed that I could hear the lens engaging when I turned it back on. I thought maybe I could loosen something up, so I started turning the camera on and off repeatedly (maybe a dozen times). Still no autofocus. In frustration, I held down the back button for focus continuously for 20 or 30 seconds. Then something happened. I could hear the focus mechanism moving v e r y slowly. I tried this again, and the lens slowly started to focus on something. I kept at it a few more times, holding down the back button for 10 or more seconds, and aiming the lens at different objects. Each time it started locking in the focus more quickly. The more I did this, the quicker it got.

Now, it is auto-focusing beautifully, even in low light. Maybe this was just luck, but I am so relieved! I am lousy at manual focus, and I was starting to worry about the loss I was going to take if I had to sell it.

For those of you who understand how these lenses are made (the inner workings are a total mystery to me), maybe my experience reveals something about the nature of the problem. I thought I would share what happened, just in case it helps others find a solution.
09-19-2017, 11:03 AM   #36
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
You would think it should be production defects.

I have the lens for over six years, serie number 9226238
Successively used almost daily on a K5 K5II K3 and now a KP
Not one little problem
09-26-2017, 07:59 AM   #37
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Buffy19 Quote
My 60-250mm stopped auto-focusing recently after a couple of years of light use on my K3. Tonight, however, I read through this thread to see if there was something I could do, and now the lens is back in business!

Here's what happened.

I tried a couple of the suggestions here (like turning it off, taking out the battery for a few minutes, cleaning contacts, then reinserting battery.) Nothing seemed to work. I tried the powering off my K3 a few more times. I noticed that I could hear the lens engaging when I turned it back on. I thought maybe I could loosen something up, so I started turning the camera on and off repeatedly (maybe a dozen times). Still no autofocus. In frustration, I held down the back button for focus continuously for 20 or 30 seconds. Then something happened. I could hear the focus mechanism moving v e r y slowly. I tried this again, and the lens slowly started to focus on something. I kept at it a few more times, holding down the back button for 10 or more seconds, and aiming the lens at different objects. Each time it started locking in the focus more quickly. The more I did this, the quicker it got.

Now, it is auto-focusing beautifully, even in low light. Maybe this was just luck, but I am so relieved! I am lousy at manual focus, and I was starting to worry about the loss I was going to take if I had to sell it.

For those of you who understand how these lenses are made (the inner workings are a total mystery to me), maybe my experience reveals something about the nature of the problem. I thought I would share what happened, just in case it helps others find a solution.
@mattb123 Maybe you can try this?

09-26-2017, 10:18 AM   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
@mattb123 Maybe you can try this?
I tried some of the other magic fixes and at first they would help for a while but it would always fail again. I'll give this a try too when I get a chance (in a big backlog ATM) and report back if it helps. Thanks!
09-26-2017, 12:11 PM   #39
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mattb123 Quote
I tried some of the other magic fixes and at first they would help for a while but it would always fail again. I'll give this a try too when I get a chance (in a big backlog ATM) and report back if it helps. Thanks!
Magic fix is right... it does seem like it is just magical thinking coupled with inconsistent motors but hey - why not try right?