Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-05-2017, 10:38 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Extension Tube

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

looking for a set of Extension Tubes for a pentax k1, one's that would have the electronic connections, , checked B & H , also e bay, cant seem to find , can any one recommend a site or brand that would fit.? thanks.

02-05-2017, 11:04 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The ones with contacts are extremeeeeely rare. If you want contacts it's best to buy cheap tele converters and gut them.
02-05-2017, 12:13 PM   #3

QuoteOriginally posted by retired2007 Quote
looking for a set of Extension Tubes for a pentax k1, one's that would have the electronic connections, , checked B & H , also e bay, cant seem to find , can any one recommend a site or brand that would fit.? thanks.
right here.
Or
02-05-2017, 12:41 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sagala Quote
thank you , do know any thing about this co? also some of the stuff i've heard about not fitting right and messing up camera and lenses? just got my k1 and the 24-70 and 70-200 , want to get the d fa100 macro wr, but a little cash strapped , trying to find an alternative, but not damage any thing buy going second party. thanks

02-05-2017, 01:23 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Try this in an Ebay search box: Pentax KK-P25 Copper Macro Extension Tubes Auto Focus Close-up

The price seems right if all you want is to experiment.

(I have no connection to the seller or this item and can not vouch for its performance - or lack thereof.)
02-05-2017, 01:38 PM   #6

thank you , do know any thing about this co? also some of the stuff i've heard about not fitting right and messing up camera and lenses? just got my k1 and the 24-70 and 70-200 , want to get the d fa100 macro wr, but a little cash strapped , trying to find an alternative, but not damage any thing buy going second party. thanks
No I never used them.

---------- Post added 02-05-17 at 01:55 PM ----------

Is a achromatic close-up lens would be an alternative? Like this one
02-05-2017, 06:55 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Kenko made a set and yes they are rare. The price they sell for reflects that. I tried for a long time to get a set only to be outbid every time. Finally I gave up a few years ago. The whole set normally would go for well over $200 which was more than I was willing to pay.

Here is just a single one right now with 3 days left.
KENKO PZ-AF UNIPLUS TUBE 25 AF EXTENSION TUBE FOR PENTAX (AF)

02-06-2017, 12:56 AM   #8

The Kooka brand extension tubes have been discussed/reviewed in previous threads on PentaxForums. Search "kooka". The consensus is the QC on these tubes was terrible and the electrical and mechanical connections seldom worked. When they work they work great but the few people that purchased them seldom got working sets. And even the working sets would be finicky. SRB Photographic in the UK stopped carrying them because of the QC problems.

It's been a couple of years since people have posted about these tubes. Perhaps the quality has gotten better. There are similar tubes sold on Amazon but they make just be Kooka tubes rebranded.

Caveat emptor.
02-06-2017, 07:12 AM   #9
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The gutted teleconverter route works well, although the prices of these have climbed in recent years. I picked up a couple of Takumar-A 2x Tele-Converter Reviews - Pentax K-mount Teleconverters and Adapters - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database some time ago and the nice thing about deglassing them is that you can easily unscrew the glass element. Others have used a more drastic approach involving a hammer. Prior to getting these I used non-A contact extension tubes and green button metering. A little more cumbersome but it does work.