Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 63 Likes Search this Thread
02-11-2017, 11:21 AM   #46
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by alpheios Quote
The future is bright.
f/2.8, f/2, f/1.8, f/1.4, or f/1.2 bright?

02-11-2017, 11:27 AM - 1 Like   #47
Pentaxian

Then I actually did misunderstand your post because you quoted me. Ricoh will do the right thing. For now i'm pretty happy with my Sigma 35. But since I'm a prime shooter I'm really excited about the upcoming announcement at CP+. The future is bright.
I have to do something about that... It's difficult when limited by writing-only communication.
I took your point and continued from there, I wasn't disagreeing. I often do that... and forget to make it clear I'm not disagreeing

What worries me a little is that I've read somewhere on this forum (the "guilty" party better confess! ) that Ricoh Imaging was reevaluating their plans according to the lens survey results/PLM drive performance/whatever. And that we'd see fewer primes this year, as there's some rework to be done. It's more impatience, actually.
In any case, we'll have some information at CP+, and perhaps this spring.
02-11-2017, 11:28 AM   #48
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
f/2.8, f/2, f/1.8, f/1.4, or f/1.2 bright?
That will probably depend on the focal length of the future. But my guess is we won't see f/1.2 bright just yet.
02-11-2017, 11:34 AM   #49
mee
Veteran Member

That will probably depend on the focal length of the future. But my guess is we won't see f/1.2 bright just yet.
I think so too.. but more just making some humor. bright.. fast aperture..

02-11-2017, 12:43 PM   #50
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
@alpheios I quoted the wrong post. I agree with you - in theory. In practice I have spent so much money on old stuff for play that I shouldn't buy the new stuff. If I sold everything but the FA Limiteds and K-1 I would buy the Trinity ZOOMS and probably the 20 or 24, plus the 135.

I did say if you need (and I meant he needs) the lenses now . . . . and I like cars and cameras and furniture, but I don't use them as status separators. It's just the one guy. My other Nikon friends appreciate the K-1 and Limiteds for what they are.

Last edited by monochrome; 02-11-2017 at 04:06 PM.
02-11-2017, 03:12 PM   #51
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tvdtvdtvd Quote
I'm still trying to imagine what a 2kg 50mm would be like....
That would be the DFA 50/0.5 WR Limited...
02-11-2017, 03:14 PM - 1 Like   #52
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Gedeon Quote
(...)

it's a joke between Mistral & me, no 28-300mm
You know things I do not

02-11-2017, 03:25 PM - 6 Likes   #53
Veteran Member

Sometimes its so funny to read through these threads Some people:

- Not satisfied before they release 100+ lenses a year.

- Dont see the point in new lenses, cause they can get THEIR picture with an old one..So why should others have better glass?

- Do complain and cry no matter what happens

- If Ricoh dont release what they want, all can die

- Want new lenses, but will most likely never buy one of them

Could go on all day..But good to see some normal people in here too. Im optimistic and can't wait until they show some of the stuff that is going on As i've said many times, future is bright..Sometimes it takes time..and there's reasons for that. If i break the contract and say yes to some of the other offers i have (sony etc), THEN you should worry..But I'm staying put
02-11-2017, 04:53 PM   #54

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Well some primes are on the roadmap. So a few of them would be expected for the upcoming cp+ show.

Pentax is missing some lenses that are popular for other brands. 70-300mm or 80-400 in that range. Some wide lenses. There is work to be done.

The relative problem is the low number of sales that can be expected for those lenses. Pentax now maybe sells some 1500-2500 units of K-1 in a month or so since it is downseazon for photography at the moment. How many lenses can you sell on that?
The bigger sales are in APS-C, and Pentax APS-C line up is quite large, it only lacks a fast prime in the 24/28 mm focal length.

Pentax entered FF DSLR market less than a year ago. And the overall photographic equipment sales, whatever the brand, have collapsed.

Hence Pentax managed to offer the three f2.8 FF zooms that most pro want to cover the focal range between 15mm and 200mm, plus the new long range variable aperture zoom 150-450.

Other lenses will probably come, new FF primes are announced in the line-up, but it may be longer than expected because of the lower than expected cashflow for all camera makers.

---------- Post added 02-12-17 at 12:56 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Sometimes its so funny to read through these threads Some people:

- Not satisfied before they release 100+ lenses a year.

- Dont see the point in new lenses, cause they can get THEIR picture with an old one..So why should others have better glass?

- Do complain and cry no matter what happens

- If Ricoh dont release what they want, all can die

- Want new lenses, but will most likely never buy one of them

Could go on all day..But good to see some normal people in here too. Im optimistic and can't wait until they show some of the stuff that is going on As i've said many times, future is bright..Sometimes it takes time..and there's reasons for that. If i break the contract and say yes to some of the other offers i have (sony etc), THEN you should worry..But I'm staying put
You speak wisdom.
But all forums, not only Pentax's, are full of people claiming they want a class S Mercedes at the price of a Dacia.
02-11-2017, 05:10 PM   #55
Imp
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
But good to see some normal people in here too
02-11-2017, 08:37 PM   #56
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
..But I'm staying put
cheers, thank for that.

I wonder if there will be teasers for advertising soon? you know blacked outlines of lenses and the like
02-11-2017, 09:03 PM   #57
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gedeon Quote
... and they don't care !
I believe they, (Ricoh), do care, and the K-1 is just one example as such. So Mr. Please Me Not, what >specifically< would
turn you on and end your misgivings?
02-11-2017, 09:40 PM - 1 Like   #58
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tvdtvdtvd Quote
I believe they, (Ricoh), do care, and the K-1 is just one example as such. So Mr. Please Me Not, what >specifically< would
turn you on and end your misgivings?
Oh I wouldn't give him too much trouble. Because maybe he is just exasperated/frustrated and is letting off a little steam. Since the K-1 is *that* good of a camera and thus would like to see the camera at tiptop potential (with some fancy shmancy new primes err and mebbe another nifty zoom to boot).

I don't want to buy a new suit and wear old shirt, tie, and shoes.. need the whole ensemble to be smooooooth.

I think in two weeks it could very well be prime time.
02-11-2017, 10:33 PM   #59
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas06 Quote
Troll topic if there one and asking for 50mm where we already have FA50, DA50, DFA50, FA43, DA*55 in the range... 5 lenses to cover the focal length are not enough? The DFA50 isn't sharp enough for you? The FA43 isn't small enough and doesn't offer a different enough rendering, DA50 isn't cheap enough? DA*55 isn't up to snuff for portrait? Come on.
The FA50 is old and the DFA50 is a macro, and that just doesn't always work (like if you want fast focus). The DA*55, while wonderful, does vignette on FF. It's noticeable even at f/2.8. The DA50 has a plastic mount. What they need is to scrap the FA50 and revise the DA*55 a bit; a premium 50mm lens would be perfect.

And the FA43 offers all the different rendering that is needed...a curved world that makes me think I'm always looking at images projected on a basketball.
02-12-2017, 12:56 AM   #60
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MadMathMind Quote
The FA50 is old and the DFA50 is a macro, and that just doesn't always work (like if you want fast focus). The DA*55, while wonderful, does vignette on FF. It's noticeable even at f/2.8. The DA50 has a plastic mount. What they need is to scrap the FA50 and revise the DA*55 a bit; a premium 50mm lens would be perfect.

And the FA43 offers all the different rendering that is needed...a curved world that makes me think I'm always looking at images projected on a basketball.
Dont't ask for A new lens, ask for a sign - a series of lenses to point towards tzhe future. All the 50ish lenses are just there with no particular sign where Pentax wants to be in the near future. Same with the handful of 35 mm lenses. With FF I do not care at all about old designs, a multitude of choices unless - Pentax skipped at least one generation of FF lenses. The rest of the world did not.