Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-16-2017, 05:17 PM - 1 Like   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2015
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 6,370
The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away.

This time He Giveth... and then some.

02-16-2017, 05:25 PM - 1 Like   #17
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ontario
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,332
I was disappointed for you when you missed out on that macro, this should ease the sting of missing that deal! Nice find.
02-16-2017, 07:14 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
boriscleto's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North Syracuse, NY
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 15,479
QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
I've bought things on shopgoodwill.com and have had mixed success. But over the last year or two a lot of the stuff goes for way more than it's worth, especially when you assume all of the risk.
But you can still get good deals if you're lucky. I picked up a Phoenix 100mm F3.5 Macro with the 1:1 adapter last February for $82 after shipping (Same lens as the FA 100/3.5). But I haven't even bid on anything since.

I'm always hoping to find a Vivitar 35ES (never seen one) or an Olympus XA, but they always go for more than I would pay...
02-16-2017, 07:40 PM   #19
Inactive Account




Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 93
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BrianR Quote
I was disappointed for you when you missed out on that macro, this should ease the sting of missing that deal! Nice find.
Well thank You. I have had plenty of Good luck over the last few years scouring thrift stores in Arizona and Oregon.
Goodwill Auctions has also paid off handsomely , but not in the last two years

02-16-2017, 07:42 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
ramseybuckeye's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hampstead, NC
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 12,958
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
But you can still get good deals if you're lucky. I picked up a Phoenix 100mm F3.5 Macro with the 1:1 adapter last February for $82 after shipping (Same lens as the FA 100/3.5). But I haven't even bid on anything since.

I'm always hoping to find a Vivitar 35ES (never seen one) or an Olympus XA, but they always go for more than I would pay...
I had that lens a few years ago under the Promaster label, but I did not have the adapter, I sold that and bought the DFA 100 macro, but sold it to fund the DA* 300, I didn't use the macro enough to justify having that much money tied up in it. I've looked for a bargain macro since and just goit the Sigma Macro 50mm 2.8 on Goodwill last month for $65.26 with a K-1000 rear lens cap, I was pretty happy with that price too. It does have the Sigma body coating that gets sticky, but cleaned up decent with alcohol.
02-16-2017, 07:58 PM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Working From Home
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,241
There's a Contax 167MT with a Tamron medium zoom (28-xx) with C/Y Adapter for $44 for ten minutes. The adapter's worth $44.


shopgoodwill.com - #37078668 - Contax 167MT 35mm Film Camera & Tamron Lens - 2/16/2017 7:06:00 PM
02-16-2017, 07:59 PM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
boriscleto's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North Syracuse, NY
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 15,479
QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
I had that lens a few years ago under the Promaster label, but I did not have the adapter, I sold that and bought the DFA 100 macro, but sold it to fund the DA* 300, I didn't use the macro enough to justify having that much money tied up in it. I've looked for a bargain macro since and just goit the Sigma Macro 50mm 2.8 on Goodwill last month for $65.26 with a K-1000 rear lens cap, I was pretty happy with that price too. It does have the Sigma body coating that gets sticky, but cleaned up decent with alcohol.
The manual focus Sigma? I bought that on eBay for like $100 in 2010...Mine isn't sticky, but the DoF scale has worn off. It's a nice lens. 1:1 without an adapter unlike Pentax A.

My other Goodwill macro was a Tamron Adaptall 90mm 52BB with a PKA adapter. $99 after shipping. That was in 2014.
02-16-2017, 08:10 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
ramseybuckeye's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hampstead, NC
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 12,958
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
The manual focus Sigma? I bought that on eBay for like $100 in 2010...Mine isn't sticky, but the DoF scale has worn off. It's a nice lens. 1:1 without an adapter unlike Pentax A.

My other Goodwill macro was a Tamron Adaptall 90mm 52BB with a PKA adapter. $99 after shipping. That was in 2014.
That's the one, the goop was probably already cleaned off if the dof scale is gone, I did a little research and that is pretty common. Either way it will meet my macro needs.

02-16-2017, 09:18 PM   #24
Moderator
Not a Number's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Venice, CA
Posts: 7,683
So what's this "macro rail for K-mount"?
02-16-2017, 11:21 PM   #25
Pentaxian
Jonathan Mac's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 7,078
Wow, the A 24-50 and M 50/1.4 were great deals there.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
50mm, 50mm macro, gitzo, k-mount, lens, macro, mint, pentax lens, rail, review, slr lens, smc-m, tripod
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SMC-"A" 50mm 2.8 Macro ..Vs... SMC-"M" 50mm 4.0 Macro WestBug Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 28 02-16-2017 12:16 AM
Exposure accuracy of "A" lenses on older film bodies ("K" series) Lititz Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 20 05-26-2015 01:59 AM
What is the function of the "A" aperture setting for SMC A 645 lens? PhilRich Pentax Medium Format 6 05-12-2015 02:48 PM
Sports "Highside Exit" took 1st Place in DPReview "Missed It by THAT much, Part 1" Challenge MRRiley Post Your Photos! 27 02-21-2010 08:26 PM
First time in a camera store. "Got any Pentax?" mikeSF Photographic Technique 23 04-05-2009 08:11 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:39 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top