Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-17-2017, 05:02 AM   #1

Vivitar close focus 28mm f2

Hi folks
I have been using this forum for 3 years or so and it has been very helpful. This the first time to register.

I have got a rather basic question about this lens mount. It has a PK and not PK/A written on the barrel. The problem is that the aperture ring is not working and stays wide open. Aperture blades are clean and snappy, when I move the lever from behind. When I close the aperture using the lever the ring works which led me to think if it is a PK A lens
What do you think guys thanks in advance

Badr

02-17-2017, 05:24 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Just means it's a manual lens, without auto contacts. Switch to M and press the green button, or use the DOF preview.
02-17-2017, 06:40 AM   #3

See these two threads

How to use/meter Manual & M42 Lenses on all Pentax DSLRs (K-1, K-3, K-5, K-30, etc) - PentaxForums.com
Manual Metering on Pentax DSLRs with Manual and Automatic Lenses - PentaxForums.com

Lenses without electrical contacts will only stop down in manual mode when the appropriate menu options are set. Stop down metering from optical DOF preview is a "flagship" only (K10D/20D, K-7, K-5/ii/s,K-3,K-3ii,K-1) feature. Green button stop-down manual metering works on all Pentax DSLR.

Welcome to PentaxForums.
02-17-2017, 09:21 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
As the others have advised, set the camera to M and use the aperture ring to set the aperture. It's an extremely fast lens. You'll probably need either a polarizing filter filter or an ND filter to use the lens in daylight.

You have a terrific lens there!
Landscapes

Close up

But where this lens really shines is low light

Indoors. Hand held

02-17-2017, 03:26 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thank you all for the responses, and very nice captures Gifthorse, I like the first 3 shots, I am still saving for a Pentax K-50 and can't wait.
I tried it with my old nex 3 with PK adapter to nex but obviously only wide open.
thanks again
Badr