Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-13-2008, 09:02 PM   #31
Igilligan

Dang darn

Those are pretty impressive shots for a newbie to the bigma...

When I read this thread originally I was going to say get the bigma. There are lots of ways to get decent macro shots... Even thought the 180 is the second best of the bunch next to the 125 Lanther IMO...

But I just took these with a Fuji P&S and a raynox 250... I can fake a macro, but I can't fake 500mm (750 equiv) shots...

Dang did I say how impressed I am with your first bigma shots.... I want me one of those.

FAKE MACROS

08-14-2008, 02:30 AM   #32
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
Well, you've certainly got the hang of that lens!
We will see how long and how far I can cope with that lens over the weekend

4000meters
rae
08-14-2008, 02:33 AM   #33
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
There are lots of ways to get decent macro shots... Even thought the 180 is the second best of the bunch next to the 125 Lanther IMO...
Now Gus, your thoughts has gone into count in my list of pros and cons for my next purchase ie. between the Sigma 180 macro or the fully weather sealed DA 60-250??

….and you have just put me in a whirl of “awe” after seeing your stunning incredible shots taken from P&S with raynox. Am really amazed by the bug’s eye and other details in the second picture.

Would you be kind to tell me your working distance between your lens to the subject?

I would like to give this a try myself and also think such a simple combo would make an interesting gift for my godson as I am really not happy with his PSP games obsession.
As a godmother, I have every right to influence that boy towards a more healthier hobby/interest.
rae

PS:

QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
Dang did I say how impressed I am with your first bigma shots.... I want me one of those.
Go get it!! This is a good lens, no doubt about it. If only it comes in a smaller size

Last edited by Tripod; 08-14-2008 at 02:42 AM. Reason: adding more lines