Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-19-2017, 10:53 AM   #1

Vivitar 28mm f2.8 Wide Angle len with PK-A/R ?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Hello to all.
I just bought this len on Ebay for $29.99. Can I use it with my K-5iis ?.
I could not find who make this len in here, because it has ser # 61810160.
Please help me ! thanks,
steven

Attached Images

02-19-2017, 10:57 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Made by Samyang. Other than that?

Vivitar serial numbers - Camera-wiki.org - The free camera encyclopedia

Great Vivitar 28mm Bestiary: Details

It will be fully compatible with the K5 IIs. Just manual focus only...It will have a 'Ricoh' pin, probably a wide nub and not the dangerous kind.

Last edited by boriscleto; 02-19-2017 at 11:04 AM.
02-19-2017, 10:59 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevewong Quote
Hello to all.
I just bought this len on Ebay for $29.99. Can I use it with my K-5iis ?.
I could not find who make this len in here, because it has ser # 61810160.
Please help me ! thanks,
steven
Thanks boriscleto,
Can I use it with mu K-5iis ?

---------- Post added 02-19-17 at 12:00 PM ----------

Here is a link .Vivitar 28mm f2.8 Macro Lens 1:6x Pentax, Ricoh, Vivitar | eBay
02-19-2017, 12:22 PM   #4

Yes, you can use it with your K-5sii. Enable use of aperture ring in the settings menu. Enter the focal length when you turn on the camera. Put the lens in "A" and away you go. Metering and exposure modes should be the same as a DA, D-FA lens - only you have to manually focus and the focus point is locked on the center.

How to use/meter Manual & M42 Lenses on all Pentax DSLRs (K-1, K-3, K-5, K-30, etc) - PentaxForums.com
Manual Metering on Pentax DSLRs with Manual and Automatic Lenses - PentaxForums.com

02-19-2017, 12:38 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Yes, you can use it with your K-5sii. Enable use of aperture ring in the settings menu. Enter the focal length when you turn on the camera. Put the lens in "A" and away you go. Metering and exposure modes should be the same as a DA, D-FA lens - only you have to manually focus and the focus point is locked on the center.

How to use/meter Manual & M42 Lenses on all Pentax DSLRs (K-1, K-3, K-5, K-30, etc) - PentaxForums.com
Manual Metering on Pentax DSLRs with Manual and Automatic Lenses - PentaxForums.com
Thanks for your help !
steve
02-19-2017, 10:46 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I have one of these lenses that I picked up on eBay a few weeks ago for $17 ($10 + $7 shipping). Mine's made by Cosina, as indicated by the serial number (96111040) and it has a 49mm filter diameter instead of 52mm. It's an interesting lens with a surprisingly nice bokeh. I didn't like it at first but It's started to grow on me. The Ricoh pin on mine is pretty tiny and doesn't pose a problem. No pinectomy surgery necessary, although I do make a point of moving the focus switch on the camera to the manual position before I mount the lens. I've used it on my K10D, Samsung GX-20 (K20D clone) and my K30 with no problems. I've also got a Pentax 50mm f/2 manual focus lens with the KA mount. Both lenses tend to lend themselves to more creative applications. Enjoy the lens and post some shots.

Last edited by E-man; 02-19-2017 at 10:53 PM.
02-20-2017, 09:05 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Does the ad show the mount end of the lens? One or two ebay sellers occasionally list K/AR lenses as Pentax KA mount lenses, when they are Konica AR-mount, which is not compatible with Pentax though it looks slightly similar. That mount fits the Konica AutoReflex camera line. The letters can get confused with PKA/R where the R stands for the Ricoh variation of the Pentax KA mount.