Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-26-2017, 09:06 PM   #1
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 532
I need 2 k mounts

I was recently given 2 Vivitars for Nikon, a 35-105 f 3.2-4 and a 35-200 f3-4.5..I cut the aperture ridges and they fit on my K30 pretty well, but they dont fit on a K5..
I would like to change the mounts to K mounts, I rather do that than use an adapter..I seen these lens on K mount on Ebay..does anybody have some Vivitar K mounts rings to sell or give?
Thanks...

02-26-2017, 09:23 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
jatrax's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oregon Cascades
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,742
Unless these have sentimental value you are almost certainly better off selling them on ebay and buying the K-mount versions or equivalent.

Edit: oops I see you already cut them up. Never mind.
02-26-2017, 09:35 PM   #3
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 532
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Unless these have sentimental value you are almost certainly better off selling them on ebay and buying the K-mount versions or equivalent.

Edit: oops I see you already cut them up. Never mind.
Its all good, didnt cost me a dime..but the low numbered apertures got me interested..oh well I just let them be
02-27-2017, 12:27 PM   #4
Forum Member
kayakfari's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: South Florida
Posts: 72
You could always get one of the flanged M42->K or M39->K adapters and drill the mounting holes.
It'd be interesting if you could maintain auto aperture on the conversion, but you'll probably have to turn the lens into manual aperture only!

02-27-2017, 05:09 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Melbourne Australia
Photos: Albums
Posts: 763
Keep trying on the 35-200, it's a nice lens.

Vivitar Lens Club - share the beauty - Page 43 - PentaxForums.com
02-27-2017, 08:51 PM   #6
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 532
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kayakfari Quote
You could always get one of the flanged M42->K or M39->K adapters and drill the mounting holes.
It'd be interesting if you could maintain auto aperture on the conversion, but you'll probably have to turn the lens into manual aperture only!
As these are F mounts, it doesnt have the A contacts, so yup its all manual..and they work very nice with the green button

---------- Post added 02-27-17 at 08:52 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by alfa75ts Quote
Keep trying on the 35-200, it's a nice lens.

Vivitar Lens Club - share the beauty - Page 43 - PentaxForums.com
Yes, they do work very nice at low light!
02-28-2017, 08:28 AM   #7
Forum Member
kayakfari's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: South Florida
Posts: 72
QuoteOriginally posted by Jeff Lopez Quote
As these are F mounts, it doesnt have the A contacts, so yup its all manual..and they work very nice with the green button
That's true too, but I was referring to the mechanical aperture stop down lever. Unless you can manage to hook it all up and line it up perfectly, you will have a totally manual iris lens.
There will be no open aperture metering and no need to use green button as your lens will already be stopped down!

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
aperture, k-mount, lens, mounts, pentax lens, slr lens
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New lenses but need Mounts? Stermtrooper Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 7 02-04-2015 03:21 PM
I made a mistake - i touched the K-3 - now i need advice Arne Bo Pentax K-3 85 12-07-2013 01:42 AM
Do I need Pentax K-x, if I have Nikon D90? Jaleel Pentax DSLR Discussion 31 12-26-2009 07:04 AM
need help are all k mounts compatible autosri Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 7 11-15-2009 11:04 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:01 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top