Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-26-2017, 09:06 PM   #1
Veteran Member

I need 2 k mounts

I was recently given 2 Vivitars for Nikon, a 35-105 f 3.2-4 and a 35-200 f3-4.5..I cut the aperture ridges and they fit on my K30 pretty well, but they dont fit on a K5..
I would like to change the mounts to K mounts, I rather do that than use an adapter..I seen these lens on K mount on Ebay..does anybody have some Vivitar K mounts rings to sell or give?
Thanks...

02-26-2017, 09:23 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Unless these have sentimental value you are almost certainly better off selling them on ebay and buying the K-mount versions or equivalent.

Edit: oops I see you already cut them up. Never mind.
02-26-2017, 09:35 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Unless these have sentimental value you are almost certainly better off selling them on ebay and buying the K-mount versions or equivalent.

Edit: oops I see you already cut them up. Never mind.
Its all good, didnt cost me a dime..but the low numbered apertures got me interested..oh well I just let them be
02-27-2017, 12:27 PM   #4
Forum Member

You could always get one of the flanged M42->K or M39->K adapters and drill the mounting holes.
It'd be interesting if you could maintain auto aperture on the conversion, but you'll probably have to turn the lens into manual aperture only!

02-27-2017, 05:09 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Keep trying on the 35-200, it's a nice lens.

Vivitar Lens Club - share the beauty - Page 43 - PentaxForums.com
02-27-2017, 08:51 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kayakfari Quote
You could always get one of the flanged M42->K or M39->K adapters and drill the mounting holes.
It'd be interesting if you could maintain auto aperture on the conversion, but you'll probably have to turn the lens into manual aperture only!
As these are F mounts, it doesnt have the A contacts, so yup its all manual..and they work very nice with the green button

---------- Post added 02-27-17 at 08:52 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by alfa75ts Quote
Keep trying on the 35-200, it's a nice lens.

Vivitar Lens Club - share the beauty - Page 43 - PentaxForums.com
Yes, they do work very nice at low light!
02-28-2017, 08:28 AM   #7
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jeff Lopez Quote
As these are F mounts, it doesnt have the A contacts, so yup its all manual..and they work very nice with the green button
That's true too, but I was referring to the mechanical aperture stop down lever. Unless you can manage to hook it all up and line it up perfectly, you will have a totally manual iris lens.
There will be no open aperture metering and no need to use green button as your lens will already be stopped down!