Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-14-2017, 12:02 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ducky13 Quote
Hi All,
I don't want to spend a massive amount of money (sub £400 unless itís absolutely worth it) & am looking for something around 100mm to 135mm. What is the preferred lens for what I am after? I read good things about the Samyang 135mm F2.0, but when I checked on their website it doesn't look like it comes with a Pentax mount.

The main purpose of the lens will be mountain photography, both with & without a tripod. Hence a low F stop is a must.

Any thoughts / suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks,
Ducky
I'd highly recommend the Pentax SMC D-FA 100mm f/2.8 WR Macro Lens. Relatively fast at f/2.8, razor sharp, auto focus, macro as a bonus, relatively small and light, and most importantly for that mountain, weather-resistant. I realize it's more than you want to spend, but in my opinion, it's worth it. With a lens of this calibre, you can crop to the equivalent of a 200mm and still retain excellent quality. One other added bonus: If you ever upgrade to a full frame sensor, this lens is a keeper.

Pentax smc Pentax-D FA 100mm f/2.8 WR Macro Lens 21910 B&H Photo

03-14-2017, 01:28 PM   #17
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks guys. I am leaning towards the 100mm F2.8 for now.