Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-16-2017, 03:50 PM   #1
Emperor and Senpai
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Promaster Spectrum 7 DG 2x teleconverter?

I saw a teleconverter come up for cheap and it ended up that it was a brand new Promaster Spectrum 7 DG 2x teleconverter, and since my poor 150-450 is off in Japan again I decided why not? I don't expect absolute brilliance, and I definitely don't expect the IQ of the Pentax 1.4, but hey, price was right even if used. Well, I got it today. It was still sealed in the plastic with the silica gel, and in the pouch with paperwork and in the box which looked brand new and had a price tag of 249.99 on it. Hmm, weird, but the box matched the seller and hey, I do have a guarantee. I just tried it with the Tamron 70-200 and it works, heck it would even AF (theough IQ was something left to be desired) in poor light in my house on the cats with the 1.4 in the mix. After I had it just on the lens it was able to AF no problem at all. Surprisingly the IQ was acceptable in my test shots. All were handheld, 1/50, ISO 6400, f/4 (so f/8 with the teleconverter), and at 200mm (400 with the TC). I suppose it will do in a pinch. The subjects are her 3 cats. Mine was MIA. Probably sleeping in the window. I wonder who made this teleconverter.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo