Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-26-2017, 01:02 PM   #1

Acquired new lenses and need assistance with mounts!

Hello all!

I recently acquired 6 lenses from my boyfriend's grandmother. She's cleaning house and was going to try to sell them at a yard-sale, so I figured I'd see if I could use them before researching if they're worth anything for her.

A tele-lentar f3.5 200mm auto lens.
An Albinar ADG f3.5-4.5 28-85mm macro zoom lens.
A tou/five star f4.5 75-200mm auto macro zoom lens.
A tele-lentar f3.5 135mm lens.
A ryka f4.5 75-200mm auto zoom lens.
An Albinar f2.8 135mm lens, "coated optics".

All of them look to be in good shape, I only see indications of mold on one of them.
I will admit I know about as much about lenses as I do about cars, very little.
Which is why I am so grateful to have found these forums! While searching around here I've found plenty of you know your stuff, and I'd like to ask for your assistance!

I will be posting pictures of these hopeful 'gems' shortly, but in the meantime I am not able to use them with my Pentax K-50 because their mounts are not compatible. I do not know what kind of mounts these lenses have. I am unaware of lens protocol and unsure if this means I would be able to use a PK adapter or not. I did do some research on the subject and was a bit disheartened to read it's not as simple as popping a mount off and putting a new one on, though I suppose it's a good thing it's not that easy

I am more than willing to answer any questions concerning these lenses in the hopes that I will learn some new information!

Thank you all for any help in advance!

- Bubz

03-26-2017, 07:41 PM   #2
Pentaxian

The only brand I recognize on your list is Albinar. They were price leader lenses mainly sold in catalog showroom stores like Best Products back in the '80s and '90s. They were offered with most major manufacturers' mounts including Canon, Minolta, Olympus, Pentax and Nikon, and they sell for next to nothing on eBay today. I have three Albinar lenses for my Miniolta 35mm cameras. I have an 80-200mm zoom that's utter crap, a 35-70mm zoom that's not great but okay when stopped down, and a 28mm f2.8 wide angle that's the best of the lot but not exactly stellar when compared with other name brand lenses with similar specs.