Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-20-2017, 04:36 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Need Help Getting a Lens Put Back Together...

I took apart a sigma manual focus prime lens to investigate the Ricoh pin. Now that I'm trying to put the lens mount back on the lens I can't seem to get the arms of the aperture mechanism to line up internally. There is a longer aperture arm that goes down into the lens and it interacts with the aperture blade mechanism and those two don't seem to be getting along.
There was one hiccup. One of the tension wires popped out while I had some of the screws out. I didn't take a reference picture in the beginning so I think I have back in the right place though I could be wrong on that as well. I was just happy to find it after it came out.
Any suggestions are appreciated!!

04-20-2017, 04:50 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Which lens?

Commonly you need to place the mount on the lens so that the aperture lever arm engages, then rotate into correct position.
04-20-2017, 09:19 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
It's a 24/2.8