Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-24-2017, 05:10 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My JIS screwdrivers came today and I removed the baffle. Tomorrow I will try and print a replacement.

05-25-2017, 07:25 PM - 2 Likes   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Today I took the baffle with me to work and drew up a few designs and 3D printed two baffles. I tried both and they fit into the lens quite well. I will have to see how well they work after I get them painted. We ran out of black material which we rarely use. This is a holiday weekend coming up here in the US so I should be able to get some testing done.

05-25-2017, 09:22 PM   #18
F/8 & Somewhere
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Looks like a great job. Is there any problem with shininess of the inside surface (once it is painted, of course)?
05-26-2017, 02:54 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What purpose does the baffle serve? It is not something that is on all APS-C lens.

05-26-2017, 04:29 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TedH42 Quote
Looks like a great job. Is there any problem with shininess of the inside surface (once it is painted, of course)?
Thank you, I will paint them with flat black matte paint. I may even goto the craft store and look for some felt paper to line the inside.
05-26-2017, 04:35 AM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sibyrnes Quote
What purpose does the baffle serve? It is not something that is on all APS-C lens.
When removed on the 60-250 it exposes the inner components of the lens. You can see the wiring, circuit boards, and gears. I assume it servers to protect the lens and to keep light from being reflected back onto the rear element. The actual part or flange that is being removed is set for the APS-C sensor. The engineers designed it for a reason so I am somewhat hesitant to modify it. Being in engineering myself I thought I would try a different approach for others that do not want to permanently alter their lens.
06-09-2017, 06:21 AM   #22
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Quich Quote
The part numbers that were given to me are :
- 482000M20100AV Baffle
- 481200M291 SDM Contacts

Here is what I received:
I dont understand what is what... above all what is SDM Contacts?

Thank you

06-27-2017, 02:50 PM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Andrea K Quote
I dont understand what is what... above all what is SDM Contacts?

Thank you
The contacts are what the lens uses to communicate and send information to the camera. Without them the lens will not do anything.
06-27-2017, 02:56 PM - 1 Like   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A few members have asked about the files I made for the #D printed baffle. I still have them and I am willing to share them with anyone that wishes to try them. Right after I installed the modified baffle in my 60-250 i suddenly came down with a serious illness. I am just now starting to recover. I have not picked up my camera gear in several weeks. I did want to make a minor adjustment to the design since the baffle fit rather snug inside the mounting ring and I had to trim a bit off with a utility knife. I will modify the file and print another one off. I still have the baffle without the cutout as well if someone is interested in that one. I am not going to use it so someone else might as well. I need to figure out how to upload the file to a site so everyone can just download it directly.
06-28-2017, 04:48 AM   #25
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Scorpio71GR Quote
I still have the baffle without the cutout as well if someone is interested in that one.
If you won't use it and will likely throw it away, I could take it off your hands

As I wrote in the other thread, I do hope you're getting better.
06-30-2017, 10:48 AM   #26

@Scorpio71GR

Hello
This is great news. I hope you will be recovered from illness. If you have the files it will be great if you can share them?

Would their be Modifications for other Lenses so they will work on the K-1 without restrictions? I think about expensive lenses like the DA*16-50 or the DA* 50-135)

Gérard
08-06-2017, 06:09 AM - 2 Likes   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I apologize for the long delay here. My health has not been improving very much so everything has been a struggle. My doctors have me on a new treatment plan and hopefully this will help. The last few days have shown some improvement. I have uploaded all my design files to my Google Drive. You can find the link here ---> Update your browser to use Google Drive - Google Drive Help
If you have any questions about the files please feel free to ask. The files were designed in Solidworks 2014 since that is what I have at work. I also saved the files in the STL format since most 3D printed software uses the STL format. If you do not have Solidworks I also saved the files in the universal STEP format that should be able to open in any CAD software. If there is a file extension you need or want that I do not have please let me know. Solidworks can save in many different file formats. For the version with the baffle cutout I am working an instruction. Unfortunately I put the lens back together before I did this so I will have to take it back apart to make it. So far the baffle has been working great and I have no issues with the minor use I have given it. Sorry for the long delay here again.
08-06-2017, 06:20 AM   #28

hello Scorpio71GR

Take care off you.

Thanks a lot for your support. I was able to download the files even in Safari on a Macintosh. I will contact my college if he is able to print it for me on his 3D Printer

THX
Gérard
09-01-2017, 09:56 AM   #29

Murphew Law

Hello Scorpio71GR

Finally I Yesterday got the 3D-Print of the Baffle
Everything seems to be OK. I had choose the most expensive plastic that should has maximum size accuracy. The outside Measure where OK. First I clean the new baffle to remove the waste plastic.

When I tried to built it in the lens it doesn't fit correctly. The original baffle stand only 4.35mm above the K-Bajonet. The new baffle was 9.65mm :-(
I recognized the thickness of the new baffle was too dick. In the PDF it should be about 38mm (inside diameter) when I look to the PDF. It was between 36.95-37.20mm. The original metal baffle was 37.8mm.

So the 3D-Baffle doesn't fit in the lens. I will ask the company to produce a new baffle with a correct thickness 0.75mm instead of 1.17-1.25mm :-(

regards
Gérard

The last disaster was the one to the 2 gold contacts of the SMD-Connector was broken :-(
Does someone has me the original Pentax/Ricoh Part-Number of this SMD-Connector.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
09-01-2017, 10:39 AM   #30
Pentaxian

I'm having the two versions printed over the weekend. My colleague who has a 3D printer reworked the files, also realizing that the diameter was off and the joint between the two diameters didn't appear very rugged to him. The tolerance on the baffle diameter is pretty loose, in fact, it's the front section (the ring holding the apparatus together) which has the tight tolerance.

I got thinking, with the version that has the cutout, there is actually no need to keep the circle pattern around the rectangular cutout. It could have been made into a plain rectangle without worries. My parts are already being printed so I won't change them but it would be possible.