Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
04-20-2017, 02:51 PM   #1
Veteran Member

DA 60-250 replacement baffle

I was planning to do the FF mod to the DA 60-250 but would be interested in obtaining a spare baffle in case I decided to revert the lens back to it's original state. I read somewhere the baffle is $25 but can't find any information on how to purchase it. Hoping someone here may have some insight. I appreciate any support you all may be able to provide. Thank you.

04-20-2017, 03:34 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I believe that poster was from Sweden? Not sure but I think so.

In any case, Ricoh does not sell parts to consumers, at least in the US. You could call Precision and see if they would sell it to you but I'm sure the answer will be no. Or you could try to touch base with the poster and see if they have a relationship with Ricoh Sweden and could get parts for you and send them over.
04-20-2017, 05:13 PM   #3

Hello,

I wanted to do the same thing.
I am in France so I sent an email to Ricoh France. They replied to me that they do not sell spare part, but they gave me the name of the company in charge of repairs in France which sells them.
I sent an email to that company, and I am still in the process of getting the part, but they do sell it.
Price is 22€ with taxes before shipping.

I guess you can do the same in your country.

I hope that helps.
05-18-2017, 03:37 AM   #4
Pentaxian

what is the spare part serial number of the baffle?

Best Regards

05-18-2017, 09:57 AM   #5

The part numbers that were given to me are :
- 482000M20100AV Baffle
- 481200M291 SDM Contacts

Here is what I received:
05-19-2017, 05:28 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the information. I reached out to the company to get a total price and see if they will ship to the US. Price for the baffle is reasonable, but will see how much shipping affects to overall value. In the meantime I removed the current baffle and made one out of some black foam I found at a craft store that seems to work really well.

QuoteOriginally posted by Quich Quote
The part numbers that were given to me are :
- 482000M20100AV Baffle
- 481200M291 SDM Contacts

Here is what I received:
05-19-2017, 07:05 PM   #7

I am not sure I understood correctly your message.
If you are in the US, I think you should contact Ricoh USA/Americas, they will give you the name of the company selling spare parts in USA (probably located in USA).
It should be cheaper than asking the French company.

05-22-2017, 10:03 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I am not sure I understood correctly your message.
If you are in the US, I think you should contact Ricoh USA/Americas, they will give you the name of the company selling spare parts in USA (probably located in USA).
It should be cheaper than asking the French company.
I was unable to locate a company that sold Pentax spare parts in the US, which is why I looked elsewhere. If anyone knows of a source willing to sell parts in the US it would be greatly appreciated.
05-22-2017, 03:45 PM - 1 Like   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I am actually going to try and 3D print one. I design and 3D print items all the time. Seems like it should not be that hard. I just have to get my lens apart first.
05-22-2017, 05:22 PM   #10

QuoteOriginally posted by transam879 Quote
I was unable to locate a company that sold Pentax spare parts in the US, which is why I looked elsewhere. If anyone knows of a source willing to sell parts in the US it would be greatly appreciated.
Ricoh USA did not answered to you?
Ricoh France gave me the answer right away, I used a contact form on their website.
05-22-2017, 05:33 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ricoh USA did not answered to you?
Ricoh France gave me the answer right away, I used a contact form on their website.
Richoh USA will not sell parts. They only sell to authorized repair centers. In the United States that is only one place, Precision Camera in Connecticut. We have been unable to buy parts here for many years.
05-22-2017, 07:33 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Scorpio71GR Quote
I am actually going to try and 3D print one. I design and 3D print items all the time. Seems like it should not be that hard. I just have to get my lens apart first.
Can't believe I didn't think about that. I work at a University and can get in contact with a professor that has access to 3D printers. I will look into it tomorrow as I already have the baffle out. Hard plastic may work better (long term) than the foam cylinder I have in the lens now.
05-23-2017, 01:23 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Can't believe I didn't think about that. I work at a University and can get in contact with a professor that has access to 3D printers. I will look into it tomorrow as I already have the baffle out. Hard plastic may work better (long term) than the foam cylinder I have in the lens now.
I ordered a set of JIS screwdrivers. They will be here tomorrow. I can probably have something printed by Friday as long as the lab does not get too busy.
05-23-2017, 04:36 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Scorpio71GR Quote
I ordered a set of JIS screwdrivers. They will be here tomorrow. I can probably have something printed by Friday as long as the lab does not get too busy.

This is the first attempt at a 3D printed baffle. The black plastic the printer uses came out glossy so I spray painted it with a flat black. I'll tray to install it tonight to see if it fits and how well it works. Attached is the printed version next to the original.

---------- Post added 05-23-17 at 07:57 PM ----------

This is the first attempt at a 3D printed baffle. The black plastic the printer uses came out glossy so I spray painted it with a flat black. I'll tray to install it tonight to see if it fits and how well it works. Attached is the printed version next to the original.

So the printed one doesn't fit all the way in. I'm guessing due it not being cylindrical (a limitation of the printer) it doesn't fit around the rear element like the original does. Could probably print it thinner and maybe slightly wider, but tolerances are pretty tight. May try to have it printed with modifications. For now the foam insert is going back in and seems to be working extremely well so maybe will just keep it in. Would like to get a printed one to work to help others looking for a potential solution.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
SM-G935V  Photo 
05-23-2017, 05:41 PM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

So the printed one doesn't fit all the way in. I'm guessing due it not being cylindrical (a limitation of the printer) it doesn't fit around the rear element like the original does. Could probably print it thinner and maybe slightly wider, but tolerances are pretty tight. May try to have it printed with modifications. For now the foam insert is going back in and seems to be working extremely well so maybe will just keep it in. Would like to get a printed one to work to help others looking for a potential solution.
The 3D printer in our lab will print perfect cicular cylinders. We use to print prototype car parts. From what I've read the tolerances are pretty tight. I just installed a new material bay in the printer today so it needs a good workout. We do not have any black material so I will have to paint whatever I print.