Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-13-2008, 06:29 AM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
I got thrown off by the knurled ring at the back of the lens. I've never seen that on an FD mount lens, but on the FL mount, that ring turns to lock the lens in place.
Not that it matters, it isn't a Pentax lens, and the seeler wasn't knowledgable about his wares.
I've never tried it, but supposedly the FD mount will work on the last version of the FL mount. Like you said it isn't much good on a Pentax and the guy the sold it listed it for the Wrong mount. He should contact the person and send it back unless he has a canon outfit or plans on picking up an AE-1 or A1 etc.

08-13-2008, 05:57 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well, the seller just refunded me the money. I just asked for a refund and reimbursement for me shipping the lens back. She said just "forget it, your money was sent back and just toss the lens, I don't want it." Interesting...
09-02-2008, 04:01 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
so, another "pentax" lens that DOESN'T work with my k100d, WTF?
Bought one cause it looked freakin' HUGE and metal and intimidating. All I was able to find about the company, FORMULA 5, was that the made some K mount lenses back in the 70s or 80s. Well, bought a 80-210 and waited almost two weeks for it to get across 2 state lines. Got it, tried to mount it and it just SPINS inside the camera. I go to check the listing, and it's gone. Contact the seller and she says she closed her account cause she's fed up with ebay fees, whatever. I tell her the lens doesn't work, she insists she used it on her pentax and canon FD and that it's a k mount lens. She says she has an adapter she'll send over. Hmm, are there fd>k adapters?
Here's a poor shot of the mount...

the radius of the mount flange is maybe .5cm smaller than the k mount flange, maybe even less..
09-02-2008, 04:06 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Sorry but my first reaction was to laugh. I have no idea what you have there.

09-02-2008, 04:25 PM   #20
Forum Member

Minolta-MD? SR?
09-02-2008, 04:29 PM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This looks like a Minolta MC/MD mount.

Try going here and matching up your mounts SLR Lens Mount Identification Guide
09-02-2008, 05:02 PM   #22
Site Supporter

definitely not a canon FD or EF (eos) or K mount.