Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-19-2017, 06:19 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rgknief60 Quote
That's been my workaround. Only time it doesn't work are the times I forget there are florescent lights overhead.
Heh, I had few images ruined by that before I figured that es doesn't go well with some lighting. I'll try tomorrow, although I do prefer composing in ovf, but I guess whatever works now

05-24-2017, 01:51 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Last summer I tried to take panoramics with my K-1 late afternoon-sunset. Shutter speeds were slower up to about 250 or so. On tripod, SR was off, IR remote. Could not get sharp images. Didn't matter what lens. Finally gave up and used my K-5IIs. Wasted a lot of good light. Haven't been panoramic shooting with it since, need to take it out and test it again before warranty expires. Only got good panos fast shutter speed. Could be the reason Pentax came out with the ES option with the bios upgrade.

tripod, SR off, IR remote.... but no Mirror Lock Up or timer?
05-24-2017, 03:02 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Andrea K Quote
tripod, SR off, IR remote.... but no Mirror Lock Up or timer?
If memory serves, no. Did not need them for the K-5IIs, so expected K-1 to behave the same. It does not. Mirror lock up & timer don't always seem to help, only ES is reliable. Seems that certain mechanical shutter speeds ruin pictures. What's interesting is that long exposures (IR Remote, tripod) with mechanical shutter don't usually give me a problem.
05-24-2017, 09:08 PM   #19
Pentaxian

You can test if it is mirror vibration by shooting with and without MUP and do so on a tripod to eliminate user variances. The standard text is to turn SR off when using a tripod unless there is considerable shake from wind, otherwise SR can actually cause reduced sharpness by trying to work against non-existing movement.

05-25-2017, 02:04 AM   #20
Pentaxian

If memory serves, no. Did not need them for the K-5IIs, so expected K-1 to behave the same. It does not. Mirror lock up & timer don't always seem to help, only ES is reliable. Seems that certain mechanical shutter speeds ruin pictures. What's interesting is that long exposures (IR Remote, tripod) with mechanical shutter don't usually give me a problem.
uhm.. Sincerely you have to better try MLU or 2s delay.
05-25-2017, 09:23 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Andrea K Quote
uhm.. Sincerely you have to better try MLU or 2s delay.
Thanks for the advice.