Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-25-2017, 10:29 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Irix 15mm on film bodies?

Not sure if this has been asked/answered yet, but I noticed that the information for the Irix 15mm here on the forums says it can be used on certain film slr's. Anyone know which ones? Would it work on a K2 or only on later cameras (like the MZ series)?

05-25-2017, 10:41 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Any camera that doesn't require an aperture ring, i.e. the A series or newer. AFAIK the only camera which will let you use Av mode would be the PZ family, since those have e-dials similar to DSLRs.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-26-2017, 02:21 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
P3/30, P5/50 series, but only at a pinch - these cameras have a program mode which will drive the aperture of DA and ringless D-FA lenses, so they will work but you are at the mercy of their program line.

AFAIK the response of these lenses on earlier bodies is to close down to the smallest aperture and stay there, which makes composition and precise focusing next to impossible.