Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
06-04-2017, 11:44 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Anyone try the Kerlee 35mm f1.2 lens?

Has anyone try the lens yet on any Pentax cameras (either film or digital)? Just happened to stumble upon it on B&H earlier and looks pretty cool/interesting.

06-04-2017, 11:48 PM   #2

Also interested

06-04-2017, 11:55 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Yeah, I'm surprised there isn't even a lens review page set up on here for it, and there doesn't seem to be any attention paid toward it here on the forums, just when it was first announced and nothing much afterwards.
06-05-2017, 01:45 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Does "kerlee" refer to the distortion pattern?

06-05-2017, 02:01 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
It isn't even available in Europe (Pentax version at least) but I guess it could be ordered from amazon.com or bhphoto. ephotozine did a review:
DZOptics Kerlee 35mm f/1.2 Lens Review
Lensvid: LensVid Exclusive: Kerlee 35mm f/1.2 Lens Review - LensVid.comLensVid.com
Digitalrev: http://www.digitalrev.com/article/kerlee-35mm-f-1-2-hands-on-review-fastest-35mm-lens-for-dslr
KERLEE 35mm f/1.2 REVIEW » Robin Schimko | Hochzeitsfotograf | Heidelberg |Mannheim | Stuttgart | Heilbronn | Süddeutschland | bundesweit | Schweiz
Kerlee 35mm f/1.2 lens: first impressions & review - Japanorama

Gives quite a good impression about the lens character. It has a bit of legacy feel to it and the pics look almost medium format..
06-05-2017, 02:04 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Found a review here: DZOptics Kerlee 35mm f/1.2 Lens Review
06-05-2017, 03:40 AM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Saltwater Images Quote
Found a review here
For an ambitious lens from what seems to be a new(ish) and minor player, it seems to deliver the goods pretty well. The only real downside, if it is one, is that pure stop-down aperture (no open metering here, not even green button), but shooters of M42 lenses on DSLRs should be well used to that by now, and I suspect this lens is pitched at them. It would be interesting to see what Samyang, which can handle Pentax K-A mount implementation with relative ease, could do with it.

11-18-2017, 05:59 AM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I have a hunch this lens was never actually produced for Pentax, since we haven't seen any user reports yet, their Amazon listing hasn't been updated since per-orders opened, and it is not listed in their ebay store.

https://www.amazon.com/Kerlee-35mm-Camera-Pentax-mount/dp/B01HROGCK8/?tag=pentaxforums-20&

I went ahead and sent them a message to learn more about the availability.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-18-2017, 02:23 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
It was available for Pentax K-mount, Nikon F, Canon EF, and Sony E-mount (with adapter). It was being sold at Adorama (under the name Cinegears) and at B&H for a while, then Adorama stopped selling it about 4 or so months ago and B&H just recently stopped selling it about a month or two ago. And now that the Amazon site isn't selling them pretty much means that they weren't really selling that well in all mounts that were available.

Last edited by disconnekt; 11-18-2017 at 02:29 PM.
11-18-2017, 10:48 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I have a hunch this lens was never actually produced for Pentax, since we haven't seen any user reports yet, their Amazon listing hasn't been updated since per-orders opened, and it is not listed in their ebay store.

https://www.amazon.com/Kerlee-35mm-Camera-Pentax-mount/dp/B01HROGCK8/?tag=pentaxforums-20&

I went ahead and sent them a message to learn more about the availability.
Found this link that has it for sale: amazon.com : Kerlee 35mm F1.2 SLR Camera Lens for Pentax K mount : Camera & Photo?tag=pentaxforums-20&

I think the tags for it are weird, that's why it shows up different. It says they expect to get more after christmas, but has the option to still buy it.
11-19-2017, 10:42 PM - 1 Like   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by disconnekt Quote
Found this link that has it for sale: amazon.com : Kerlee 35mm F1.2 SLR Camera Lens for Pentax K mount : Camera & Photo?tag=pentaxforums-20&

I think the tags for it are weird, that's why it shows up different. It says they expect to get more after christmas, but has the option to still buy it.
Just got an e-mail reply from them, the lens is still available for Pentax.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: