Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-07-2017, 01:53 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A28 2.8mm Focus ring is really loose

Yesterday while shooting some pics with my Pentax A28 mm 2.8 lens the focus ring became completely loose. I mean I can twist with either way to the point like it's just spinning free with no friction what so ever. Do anyone know if this would be an expensive repair or should I just buy another one? They aren't that expensive to purchase.

06-07-2017, 02:38 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Home-Pentaxs
06-07-2017, 03:26 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bass3587 Quote
Yesterday while shooting some pics with my Pentax A28 mm 2.8 lens the focus ring became completely loose. I mean I can twist with either way to the point like it's just spinning free with no friction what so ever. Do anyone know if this would be an expensive repair or should I just buy another one? They aren't that expensive to purchase.
No it is an easy fix, spin off the name plate. remove the three screws holding the barrel down remove it and then you should at that point see three screws that have come loose. adjust infinity focus and tighten using lock tight.Reassemble good luck.
06-07-2017, 04:07 PM   #4

Aren't most of the A lenses different from the K and M lenses in that you have to remove the rubber grip ring to press in the tabs that hold the name ring on? Spinning off the front ring (no engraving) exposes the screws that hold the filter ring on which when removed exposes the screws that hold the front element group in place.

06-07-2017, 04:47 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Aren't most of the A lenses different from the K and M lenses in that you have to remove the rubber grip ring to press in the tabs that hold the name ring on? Spinning off the front ring (no engraving) exposes the screws that hold the filter ring on which when removed exposes the screws that hold the front element group in place.
The answer I gave is correct, I JUST CHECKED IT TO MAKE SURE
06-07-2017, 05:50 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Time to run by the store and get a small phillips head screwdriver. Thanks for the tips niceshot!
06-07-2017, 05:55 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bass3587 Quote
Time to run by the store and get a small phillips head screwdriver. Thanks for the tips niceshot!
use a q-tip and load it with alcohol and apply to the screws to act as a solvent first, oh and use JIS SCEWDRIVERS