Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-16-2008, 11:35 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Vivitar 105mm 2.5 - My First Attempt at 1:1 Macro

Please be kind!

I spent about 30 minutes this morning playing with my Tripod setting and testing out the Vivitar before it got too damn hot to even be outside.

I'm looking at the pictures now and trying to plan how to do a better job this afternoon once it cools off.

I'm thinking that what I really need is one of those macro rails things so that I don't have to fuss with moving the tripod itself back and forth or losing the 1:1 magnification to get things crisply focused.

[br]
[br]

08-16-2008, 08:52 PM   #2
Veteran Member

do you think the lens is as good as everyone else says it is ? :P
08-16-2008, 09:48 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
[QUOTE=Hannican;318597]Please be kind!

I spent about 30 minutes this morning playing with my Tripod setting and testing out the Vivitar before it got too damn hot to even be outside.

I'm looking at the pictures now and trying to plan how to do a better job this afternoon once it cools off.

I'm thinking that what I really need is one of those macro rails things so that I don't have to fuss with moving the tripod itself back and forth or losing the 1:1 magnification to get things crisply focused.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/34154-lester-d...tal-macro.html

This lens lester dine is the same as the vivitar 105 macro.
It may have some information relevant to your requirements.

QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
do you think the lens is as good as everyone else says it is ? :P
Yes,the vivitar 105 macro is capable of great images and creamy bokeh. I luv mine too. For the cost I paid last year, that is a great lens.

marcus
08-17-2008, 08:59 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I've only really had one morning and one afternoon with the lens, but damn is it good when it's good.

I have a few other shots I was going to upload but I got busy doing some stuff.

This lens totally blows away anything I've used before (in my very limited photographic work) and is outstanding in my opinion.

I just need to practice up so that I can do it justice

08-24-2008, 08:29 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I had some time to upload a few more shots of my first day out with the Vivitar 105mm. I think these three shots really do it better justice than the two posted above, though I was a bit off focus on the third one.

I did another series today, but won't be uploading them for a few days since I don't want to flood the Macro files with my own stuff all at once.

Take a look. Helplful hints are most appreciated!

(EDIT: I guess I should mention, none of these have any post-processing other than reducing the size by one half in Photoshop)

(How do you put in an image that is a link to the larger image stored in the Pentax Forums User's Photos? IE. I want to see these images above in this post, but also be able to click on the images themselves to get to the larger version of them stored in the User Photos section...?)

Last edited by Hannican; 08-24-2008 at 09:24 PM.