Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-25-2017, 12:34 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Tamron/Sigma can only give professional answers. No plans...
With current speed of Pentax lens development compared to Sigma or Tamron, it would be interesting to get a deal with Sigma to provide their glass branded by Pentax. This would kill Pentax as a lens manufacturer, but we would have an interesting business model and more lens options for us. The Tamron deal becomes a lame duck looking at the newls presented update of the Tamron 24-70. If Pentax cannot present glass for their cameras, they need to make a deal with someone else.
Btw there are D-FA 50/85. We keep looking at mockups only.

06-25-2017, 07:12 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I e mailed Pentax and Sigma on a partner ship of some type. A fantasy would be for Sigma to buy Pentax. Sigma gets the Pentax glass elements and engineers as well as DSLR's that might become available in the Sigma SA mount. Pentax gets Sigma lenses with out the R&D costs. I know it won't happen. I'm curious that Sigma offers their lenses in the SIgma SA mount. So does this mean SIgma sells more DSLR's then Pentax? Or is it a loyalty thing for the Sigma camera users? I pointed out to Sigma that with the KA F4mount, Pentax has gotten away from the mechical linkage for apeture and focusing. Sigma does make lense for Pentax with their HSM motor drive for focusing, so this should not be a problem. I hope Pentax weathers the strom and is still around for a long time.