Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
08-31-2017, 10:13 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Opps just pulled the trigger on the 70-200 had a 200 dollar price drop at B & H so I ordered it with a BlackRapid strap, Hoya HD filter and one more memory card.

That does cure the LBA, really the last big one on the bucket list. Now for the 540 or 360 flash and the 1.4 HD teleconverter! God this is an excellent but expensive hobby!

09-01-2017, 04:11 AM   #32
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I just got my HD Pentax-D FA* 70-200mm F2.8 ED DC AW in like new condition from a forum member yesterday

I immediately took it around the large Kansas City Zoo carrying it with my standard set up: Joby Ultrafit Hand Strap and Ultra Plate + Optech USA Utility Strap.

when I checked with a young lady as to what type of camera she had - Nikon - she looked at my rig and announced she was suffering from " lens envy "

my set up allows me to take some of the weight of the lens + K 3 + battery grip +Joby Ultrafit Hand Strap and Ultra Plate off my shoulder by grasping the hand strap.

I also help with the weight issue by varying its position from hanging off my right hip to being carried across the body cradled in my arms to being rested on my shoulder from time to time.

I have posted some of the resulting photos in various threads yesterday when I returned home and my quick impressions and two photos are noted here:

Pentax HD PENTAX-D FA* 70-200mm f/2.8 ED DC AW . . . CLUB! - PentaxForums.com

I am almost 100 % carry, hand held natural light photographer at this time

yes the lens is a noticeable size and weight ( so is my bigger and heavier HD Pentax-D FA 150-450mm F4.5-5.6 ED DC AW )

and I can always switch out to my SMC Pentax-DA 40mm F2.8 XS if I really want a change for a time or two.

I hope you enjoy your lens as much as I think I will.
09-01-2017, 01:30 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
I just got my HD Pentax-D FA* 70-200mm F2.8 ED DC AW in like new condition from a forum member yesterday

I immediately took it around the large Kansas City Zoo carrying it with my standard set up: Joby Ultrafit Hand Strap and Ultra Plate + Optech USA Utility Strap.

when I checked with a young lady as to what type of camera she had - Nikon - she looked at my rig and announced she was suffering from " lens envy "

my set up allows me to take some of the weight of the lens + K 3 + battery grip +Joby Ultrafit Hand Strap and Ultra Plate off my shoulder by grasping the hand strap.

I also help with the weight issue by varying its position from hanging off my right hip to being carried across the body cradled in my arms to being rested on my shoulder from time to time.

I have posted some of the resulting photos in various threads yesterday when I returned home and my quick impressions and two photos are noted here:

Pentax HD PENTAX-D FA* 70-200mm f/2.8 ED DC AW . . . CLUB! - PentaxForums.com

I am almost 100 % carry, hand held natural light photographer at this time

yes the lens is a noticeable size and weight ( so is my bigger and heavier HD Pentax-D FA 150-450mm F4.5-5.6 ED DC AW )

and I can always switch out to my SMC Pentax-DA 40mm F2.8 XS if I really want a change for a time or two.

I hope you enjoy your lens as much as I think I will.
Thanks for the info! I hope you enjoy your new one too my man. I actually surprisingly don't have a case of lens envy for the big boy... This really was the "final" one to add - then the price drop and said well... Might as well, will advise everyone what I think of it after I get it.