Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-17-2008, 02:06 PM   #1

DA70 limited - something strange on the lens

Hi. Yesterday I've looked into my DA70 and I found something like this inside:

It's around of one inside lenses, and it's visible no matter of kind of light and angle of view. I did not see any afects on pictures (both on digital and analog pictures), but it looks odd. Is this could be a lens stratification?

08-17-2008, 02:40 PM   #2
Pentaxian

If it's the red artifactng at the bottom of the glass, it looks a bit like oil from the aperture blades may have gravitated to the glass.
I'm presuming that it isn't just something on the rear element.
If it is the greenish artifacting below, it could well be element seperation.
Either way, a trip to Pentax might be in order.
08-17-2008, 02:56 PM   #3

Original Poster
It's not oil from the aperture. Only part of "this something" is visible on the photo. I'ts a circle aroud the edge of lens and it's about 2mm wide. Rear lens is fine, looks like it have a place on one of middle lenses. Except this everything works fine. Tomorrow I'll send it to service.
08-17-2008, 04:44 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Ah yes, I was looking at the back element, and the interference there. I'm going to plea denseness and ask you to put a circle around the problem area.

08-17-2008, 10:27 PM   #5

Original Poster
I've added description to the photo: selected changed area on the lens. Like I've wrote before: it's around the lens and wide about 2mm.
08-17-2008, 11:00 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Well, I haven't a clue. It does look to me like there may be an oily contamination on the lens (the weird colour artifacts). When you get the lens back, if they tell you what the cause is, would you mind bumping this thread with what the problem turned out to be?
Thanks
08-18-2008, 04:19 AM   #7

Original Poster
When I'll get my lens back from service, I will let know what they told me. Wheatfield, thank you for help.
09-22-2008, 04:45 AM   #8

Original Poster
Today I've got brand new lens in my hands, with sn numer twice bigger then old one. unfortunately engineers in Poland and Germany don't know what happened to the old lens :-/

09-22-2008, 06:49 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
should be just the coating on the glass goes bad.. did any liquid get on the lens surface before?
09-22-2008, 09:53 AM   #10

Original Poster
No. Lens was in perfect condition. No dust, no scratches on body surface or coating. When it was not used I've keep it in my photo bag with other lenses and humidity absorber. Trust me I have no idea why it happened and how. Befeore they send it to germany, the diagnose in polish service was: latent defect. I hope my new lens if free of it :-/