Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-09-2017, 11:55 AM - 5 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
More and More Lenses Can Be Adapted To Pentax K Mount

I have already adapted many Zeiss ZF "Classic" and "Milvus" lenses to the Pentax K mount. These days I exclusively shoot adapted world-class lenses on my fabulous Pentax K1 digital cameras.

Well, adapting Zeiss lenses to K mount today got much easier to do!

I took detailed photos of the last Zeiss Milvus ZF lens that I adapted. These images were emailed to David Llado at Leitax in Spain. Well, today, David notified me that he has just published these photos (with detailed instructions) on his website (click here).

I happen to believe that Zeiss Milvus lenses are some of the best lenses that are currently made. Hopefully these newly published instructions will make it easier for photographers to adapt their Zeiss Milvus ZF lenses from Nikon F mount to Pentax K mount.

Another high quality lens that I've just discovered can be adapted to K mount are Voigtlander SL II lenses in the Nikon F mount. These Voigtlander F mount lenses are much more readily available (on Ebay 97 F mount vs. 1 K mount), and cheaper (on Ebay many F less than $500, K is $700) than the K mount versions.

Soon I will purchase a Voigtlander F mount lens and will use a Leitax F to K mount to adapt it to the Pentax K mount. I will be sure to report back to here on how this upcoming conversion went. Who knows, maybe David Llado will publish my Voigtlander SL II lens conversion photos and instructions on his website too?

The following Voigtlander SL II lenses can be adapted to K mount: 20/3.5 Color Skopar; 28/2.8 Color Skopar; 40/2 Ultron; 58/1.4 Nokton; and 90/3.5 APO Lanthar. Which of these Voigtlander lenses would you be most interested in having me adapt?

As I said in the title - "More and More Lenses Can Be Adapted To Pentax K Mount". More to come...

Last edited by Fenwoodian; 07-09-2017 at 02:30 PM.
07-09-2017, 04:03 PM   #2
hcc
Pentaxian

Voigtländer 75mm F 2.5 SL COLOR-HELIAR ?

I have 3 Voigtlander lenses and there are top notch. I do not have yet the 75mm f2.5 and this would be one that I would be very interested.
07-09-2017, 04:33 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by hcc Quote
Voigtländer 75mm F 2.5 SL COLOR-HELIAR ?

I have 3 Voigtlander lenses and there are top notch. I do not have yet the 75mm f2.5 and this would be one that I would be very interested.

Unfortunately, the V75/2.5 lens only comes in the "SL I" version. The Leitax mount will only work on the "SL II" version. So, it is not possible to convert this SL I lens in the Nikon F mount into the Pentax K mount (unless you are a skilled machinist and have a precision machine shop).

I happen to have an excellent copy of the V75/2.5 SL I lens in the rare Pentax K mount version. The colors it produces on my K1 are fabulous and almost indescribable! It has an "aperture "A" lock" so you are able to change the aperture by moving the wheel on your Pentax camera! This lens in K mount almost never appears in Ebay. I suspect if one in great shape did appear on Ebay it would sell for over $900 USD. I might be coaxed into selling or trading mine. PM me if interested.

Last edited by Fenwoodian; 07-09-2017 at 10:17 PM.
07-10-2017, 06:51 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
I happen to have an excellent copy of the V75/2.5 SL I lens in the rare Pentax K mount version. ... This lens in K mount almost never appears in Ebay. I suspect if one in great shape did appear on Ebay it would sell for over $900 USD.
One was initially offered for USD 485, and then reduced to USD 450 on the Marketplace here recently:

Voigtlander SL 75mm f2.5 $450 - PentaxForums.com

07-10-2017, 08:10 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lytrytyr Quote
One was initially offered for USD 485, and then reduced to USD 450 on the Marketplace here recently:

Voigtlander SL 75mm f2.5 $450 - PentaxForums.com

Thanks for pointing that out. I was already aware of that offering because I was the one who bought that lens.

The "light haze" inside turned out to be full blown lens separation - a fatal flaw! The glued doublet had failed. I ended up: purchasing a second Voigtlander 75/2.5 lens (Minolta version), tearing it apart, and cannibalizing parts from it to make the Pentax K mount version work perfectly.

So, I stand by what I said earlier - it is extremely difficult to find an excellent copy of the V75/2.5 lens in K mount. The one that was listed for sale on the forum for $450 was unusable in the condition that I received it in. Fortunately, I have a lens repair shop and was able to rebuild it.

Last edited by Fenwoodian; 07-10-2017 at 12:46 PM.
07-10-2017, 10:26 AM   #6

Fenwoodian, you're living in US ?
07-10-2017, 10:30 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Gedeon Quote
Fenwoodian, you're living in US ?

Yes, I live in Wisconsin in the USA.

07-10-2017, 01:21 PM   #8

such a shame, your 75mm is an interesting object...
See your challenge with the milvus on David site, damn i'm just able to change a car wheel, so pass my way 😂
07-13-2017, 06:13 PM - 1 Like   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks again,Dave, for a job well done!
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
07-13-2017, 06:57 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Chuck, that Zeiss 21m lens I converted for you looks awesome on your K1 ! This combination certainly has the ability to take incredible images, especially in the pixel shift mode.

Can't wait to see some photos you make with this set up posted here on the Pentax Forum so all of us can enjoy them.

Best regards,
Dave

Last edited by Fenwoodian; 07-13-2017 at 07:03 PM.
07-13-2017, 07:36 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just a quick hand held shot in the living room. Some real photos to follow:
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo