Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-18-2008, 09:21 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
The Lenses and H3v has arrived

I just got the H3v camera and 3 Super Takumar lenses that I won on fleabay last week. Everything is in awesome shape. The guy bought everything in the photo at a estate sale. He kept the Nikrap stuff and this stuff was in another case all together. It's funny looking at the prices of lenses in the Honeywell book. Not sure what to do with the H3v. It looks as though it's been kept in it's Leather cover.

The Lenses are
135mm 3.5
50mm 1.4
28mm 3.5
Vivitar 2x TC screw mount

08-18-2008, 10:54 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That's a gorgeous kit! The lenses, are they early Supers?

One day you may do us all a service and scan somethings from those beautiful booklets too - this is a real time machine.

I'm glad the stuff is all in tip top shape, I was looking at the auction but unfortunately I'm at a point where I'm drowning in 28's and 50/55's, and only marginally better at the 135's, not to mention camera bodies...
08-18-2008, 02:58 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I scaned 2 manual books from Honeywell Pentax. If anyone wants copies of these send me a PM and a email address I can send them too. I don't have the greatest scanner but they are readable.

08-18-2008, 05:14 PM   #4
Veteran Member

that's a sweet set you picked up, you'll have a lot of fun playing with the taks. they're are just sooo slick, lenses just aren't built like that anymore, even the limiteds don't evoke the same solidness.
it'd be interesting to see more from the catalogue brochure, is there no way to host it off photobucket?

08-18-2008, 08:12 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Fl_Gulfer Quote
I just got the H3v camera and 3 Super Takumar lenses that I won on fleabay last week.
Congrats on the new acquisition. The H3v (called SV outside of the USA) is probably the best camera ever produced by Pentax. Famous photographer, author and reviewer Roger Hicks as well as a few other guys seem to share my opinion regarding this camera (see this thread). Here's a quote from one of Mr. Hicks' posts: "Finally, I'd agree that the SV is the nearest I've ever encountered to a screw Leica with a reflex mirror and prism installed, in ergonomics and 'feel'. As far as I recall, Pentax moved factories in about '67 and greatly increased production, and post-'67 cameras were never as nice as the older ones".

Cheers!

Abbazz
08-18-2008, 09:13 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Here are links to download the manuals, Just choose the Free choice if you don't have a Rapidshare account.

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting Honeywell_Booklet

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting Pentax_H3v___H1a_Manual

Last edited by Fl_Gulfer; 08-19-2008 at 07:18 AM.