Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-18-2008, 06:29 PM   #1

Shake reduction manual focus zoon lens

I have one Sears manual zoom lens focal lengh 80 to 200 mm. For the shake reductio to work OK which is the MM setting for it? I know that for the 50mm it is 50mm. I also have an interesting lens bought thru e-bay a 100-500 mm Samyang pentax/ricoh mount with A setting. (Almost brand new in the box missing manual)Seems to work fine with K100D without the pin problem. Any one may have an idea how to get the owners manual? Researched the net including Samyang web site without luck?

08-19-2008, 03:22 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by juanacevedo Quote
I have one Sears manual zoom lens focal lengh 80 to 200 mm. For the shake reductio to work OK which is the MM setting for it? I know that for the 50mm it is 50mm. I also have an interesting lens bought thru e-bay a 100-500 mm Samyang pentax/ricoh mount with A setting. (Almost brand new in the box missing manual)Seems to work fine with K100D without the pin problem. Any one may have an idea how to get the owners manual? Researched the net including Samyang web site without luck?
for shake reduction there are a lot of differing opinions. If you are always shooting at one end of the zoom,either long or short, set it for that. you could also set it for the middle, to be on average close, or to minimum always, getting less benefit at the long end.

I usually set it for the niddle on a 70-210mm zoom
08-19-2008, 04:22 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm with LG above, I set my pentax "A" 70-210 at about 120, not quite half, more like 1/3 into the zoom range. I probably miss greater SR on the long end, but I've not found any over compensation evident on the short end either. But if I know most of my shots will be longer I up it a bit to 150 or so.
As for the manual, sorry but I have no idea.

NaCl(but I'm not obsessive about it)H2O
08-19-2008, 11:55 AM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
I have set my SR on the farthest end of my focal length with my manual lenses and that has worked great...I've had no issue if I need to go below the set SR focal length.

08-19-2008, 12:50 PM   #5

Original Poster
SR thanks

Appreciate for the inputs guys. I will do some testing with both methods,

Thanks again.

Juan