Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-28-2017, 05:35 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
All this talk of f/1.2 lenses - I know I've already shot my Rikenon-P 55/1.2 in single-in last year, but if I ever get back in, maybe I should slap it on the K-1 (now that I have one) and give it another shot.

f/1.2 lenses were and are expensive to build well - generally speaking, I reckon that back in the day, once you had coughed up for one of those (and the flagship body it was meant for), it was probably going to be your only fifty; at least for a while.
My only normal which is more expensive than this Porst is the FA43. And I will probably not carry them together on a single trip. It will be either the FA43 or the Porst.

通过我的 Nexus 6P 上的 Tapatalk发言

07-30-2017, 09:12 PM - 1 Like   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Sorry, but this is not true for any of the recent model Pentax dSLRs. The camera tests for electrical continuity across the (so-called) data pin on the mount face. If not found, the aperture actuator is disabled for all modes and features.

Yes, the older bodies generally don't have a problem with non-conductive mounts with the exception of some where catch-in-focus won't work.

Steve
I had to wait for a few days as we don't have a shop selling the type of tape in my part of the city. The tape arrived today and I was able to cut a small piece according to the shape of contacts on my DA 20-40. Works like a charm. Thanks all.

07-30-2017, 09:35 PM - 1 Like   #18
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by butangmucat Quote
I had to wait for a few days as we don't have a shop selling the type of tape in my part of the city. The tape arrived today and I was able to cut a small piece according to the shape of contacts on my DA 20-40. Works like a charm. Thanks all.

You only have to tape opposite the data (digital-info) contact. That should make it easier next time.

Steve
08-07-2017, 05:52 AM   #19

I had the Porst 1.2 (and the Revue 1.2/50) as well as the Pentax K 1.2/50.
The Pentax is by far the best of them.
If you want that creamy look, you can use filters.
The Porst never reached the same sharpness like the Pentax.
Nowaydays I ude the Pentax FA 1.4/50 for a softer look wide opened - stopped down the FA 1.4 ist very sharp.
It is quite hard to focus a 1.2-lens correctly.....

08-07-2017, 09:50 AM   #20
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pleo Quote
It is quite hard to focus a 1.2-lens correctly.....
You got that right!

Steve