Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-30-2017, 07:09 PM   #1

New to pentax

I just acquired some Pentax gear. I currently shoot Nikon FF and m43 with some adapted lenses.
I have a standard m43 to m42 adapter and have briefly tested a few of the recently acquired Pentax lenses...looks good!
I'd love to hear from those of you who have experience with some of this gear. I'm also contemplating picking up a used Pentax digital body, something that works well with adapted lenses and won't break the bank. 👍

07-30-2017, 07:27 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I use a number of Takumars on various cameras with the M42 adapter. And many people use them on other cameras, both Pentax and mirrorless and even Canon. They have been in demand from Canon videographers for some time.

If you want the full Takumar experience you have to read this thread: Takumar club - PentaxForums.com Be prepared, it will take awhile.
07-30-2017, 07:36 PM   #3
Forum Member

So far as I know, all Pentax DSLRs will meter with manual lenses and focus confirmation will work, too. Nearly all the bodies have in-body stabilization, so your manual lenses will be stabilized.
07-30-2017, 08:24 PM   #4

Original Poster
https://www.flickr.com/photos/organize/?start_tab=new_set

Check out some pics of what I have. Thanks again👌

07-30-2017, 08:32 PM - 2 Likes   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I use my m42 lenses on my Pentax bodies, as stated above, you have focus confirmation and etc. The adapter is inexpensive and I have no trouble with infinity focus.

It's a treacherous road to go down... once you have a Pentax body for those old lenses, you start hunting bargains on old m42 and K mount lenses. Next thing you know you have a cabinet full and are trying to explain to the spouse why you need them.

Or maybe it's just me.
07-30-2017, 09:42 PM - 2 Likes   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nope, not just you...............

07-31-2017, 07:50 AM   #7

Original Poster
Here are a few more pics

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6 Plus  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6 Plus  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6 Plus  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6 Plus  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6 Plus  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6 Plus  Photo 
08-02-2017, 04:11 AM   #8
Site Supporter

Are those two Spotmatic Fs there? If they work then you'll get a lot of joy running a roll or two of film through them, even if you plan to use the lenses with a digital body. They look beautiful, as do the lenses there. Also, any budget digital Pentax you get is going to have a 1.5x crop.

N.B. your flickr link above is wrong, it's taking me to the album organiser, not your actual album
08-02-2017, 10:11 AM   #9
Pentaxian

The Takumar to get is a Super-Multi-Coated or SMC Takumar 50/1.4. Fast, great image quality, color rendition, and it's surprisingly sharp once you nail the focus.

The Super-Mutli-Coated variant also has a solid-metal focus ring, just like the ones you have there.

Is the 1.8 lens a 50 or 55mm?