Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-04-2017, 10:25 AM - 2 Likes   #16
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I fixed it! I dismantled the lens again just now for another regrease and realised there is another ring around the helicoid which, once removed, allows the helicoid to be fully unscrewed. Gave everything a very good clean with white spirit to remove the grease, regreased the helicoid lots (I applied as little as possible but it wanted a lot to get moving nicely) and now works perfectly. Thanks for everyone's responses . Now the only problem is a little bit of fungus and that horrible looking broken focus ring. There's also some weird rainbow blob at the very edge of one of the front elements but it doesn't seem to be a big problem.

08-04-2017, 01:03 PM   #17
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
Rainbow blob = cement separation. If it's just at the edge, it should be fine.
I wonder if that's how the fungus has got in, as it seems to be behind the front element. If that's the case then I won't be able to get to it for cleaning... best option is probably to leave it in that case. Although I have nothing to compare to, as you say, it doesn't seem to have any impact on my photos.