Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20 Likes Search this Thread
08-09-2017, 04:37 AM - 1 Like   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The guy tried to cover a lot of ground in a short article. He should have done a bit way more research. His very first suggestion is not a very good one. A Pentax 50mm f/1.4 is a good lens, but he neglects to mention which one. It comes in many flavours and the later autofocus ones are not low budget lenses. None of the lenses mentioned are in fact cheap. The fact that some are not even available in K mount is icing on a mouldy cake. On the whole, the article is rubbish.

08-09-2017, 04:58 AM - 4 Likes   #17
Veteran Member

You're all assuming they don't know what they're talking about, but I read it as "The Pentax K-1 has been discontinued with no FF replacement in sight. Also, Sony won the Pentax brand from Ricoh in a game of strip poker and has created the worlds first dual mount K-E mount mirrorless camera with an APS-H sensor". Anyone care to fact check?

QuoteOriginally posted by victormeldrew Quote
"Webmasters will hate me for revealing this one little trick to help weed out the trolls and get the best content for the web right now!!!" - just don't click...and certainly don't share!
Aaaaargh... I knew that wasn't a link, but I still clicked on it.

08-09-2017, 05:27 AM - 1 Like   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
"The Ancient Greek girl opened the forbidden box - you won't believe what happened next!"
08-09-2017, 06:46 AM - 2 Likes   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
"The Ancient Greek girl opened the forbidden box - you won't believe what happened next!"
...You won't believe what happens at 4:36 of this video clip...

08-09-2017, 08:25 AM - 2 Likes   #20
Pentaxian

...The best 12 lenses ever made, you won't believe #7!

...The Pentax KX was stunning in the 70s... what it looks like now is jaw-dropping

Anyway.

I am glad for blogs, I learned so much from them. I am glad for people who genuinely post information that is helpful to others. If they put ads on their site or not, if they make a bit of cash for it or not, I don't mind it at all, as long as it doesn't autoplay videos or fill my screen with pop-ups. But the ability to post what you want on the web means there's also a LOT of horrible content that gets dumped out there. And that is one of the worst pieces of crap I have ever read in my life. This site must be like PetaPixel, where they will accept ANYTHING in hopes of creating traffic for the site, with no editorial effort being made at all to at least have a minimum level of acceptable quality. Which is the reason why I ignore anything from petapixel and now from this phoblog waste of time.
08-09-2017, 08:34 AM - 1 Like   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The thing about a blog is it is only as good as the "expert" who is writing it. There are folks here on the Forum whose level of information about optics and photography in general is amazing. When they make an off hand comment about something, I pay attention. But the folks who are grinding out these sorts of blog posts aren't necessarily at that level. I doubt that this guy has ever shot with a Pentax camera. Certainly he doesn't shoot with one currently.
08-09-2017, 08:51 AM   #22
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
The thing about a blog is it is only as good as the "expert" who is writing it. There are folks here on the Forum whose level of information about optics and photography in general is amazing. When they make an off hand comment about something, I pay attention. But the folks who are grinding out these sorts of blog posts aren't necessarily at that level. I doubt that this guy has ever shot with a Pentax camera. Certainly he doesn't shoot with one currently.

but he has artsy shots of one on his blog!

08-09-2017, 09:59 AM   #23
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
50 million people will be using this lens by 2018! Click here to find out why.
08-09-2017, 11:47 AM   #24
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
50 million people will be using this lens by 2018! Click here to find out why.
Your link doesn't seem to work

08-09-2017, 11:52 AM   #25
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Your link doesn't seem to work

Keep Clicking - You May Be The Lucky Winner!
08-10-2017, 05:15 AM - 1 Like   #26
Pentaxian

Obviously not an iPhone lens, that number is too low...
08-10-2017, 02:27 PM - 1 Like   #27

Wow that blog post is really bad.

Even that 50mm f1,4 isn't what I'd consider "budget" lens, considering the f1.8 50mm is like 1/4 of the price...