Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
08-18-2017, 01:04 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Sigma 135mm f 1.8 ART!

Is it possible that sigma will release the lens for k mount? Now that Pentax has a FF. Seeing those Canon and Nikon owners playing with the lens makes me kinda angry. What are your thoughts?

08-18-2017, 01:11 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sigma has said the answer is no. So unless they magically change their mind...

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-18-2017, 01:12 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SunnyG. Quote
Is it possible that sigma will release the lens for k mount? Now that Pentax has a FF. Seeing those Canon and Nikon owners playing with the lens makes me kinda angry. What are your thoughts?
Maybe you'd have to "settle" for this:
SMC Pentax-A* 135mm F1.8 Reviews - A Prime Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database
08-18-2017, 01:17 PM   #4

Photos: Albums
It appears Sigma is just writing off Pentax users which is a shame the Sigma lens I have are all quality products

08-18-2017, 02:39 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, Sigma may have decided to write off Pentax; but it's not like there weren't any fast third-party 135mm telephotos out there with Pentax K Mount.

How about the Samyang 135mm F2 ED UMC? https://www.pentaxforums.com/userreviews/samyang-135mm-f20-ed-umc.html

Manual focus, sure, but otherwise likely not worlds apart from what the Sigma does. Clearly more affordable too, and, as far as Sanyang goes, pretty well-built.
08-18-2017, 02:46 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Luckily, Samyang 135mm has stellar reviews. Some claim it is sharpest lens they ever used. Manual focus, though.
Also, lots of 135mm legacy lenses available. Maybe not the answer you wanted, but I wouldn't wait for that Sigma to come for Kmount, as it probably never will
08-18-2017, 02:47 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Madaboutpix Quote
Well, Sigma may have decided to write off Pentax; but it's not like there weren't any fast third-party 135mm telephotos out there with Pentax K Mount.

How about the Samyang 135mm F2 ED UMC? Samyang 135mm F2.0 ED UMC Lens Reviews - Samyang Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database

Manual focus, sure, but otherwise likely not worlds apart from what the Sigma does. Clearly more affordable too, and, as far as Sanyang goes, pretty well-built.
Yes, the Samyang offerings are all very sharp (not counting the 14mm on FF) and totally worth checking out.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-18-2017, 03:34 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster

---------- Post added 08-18-17 at 03:37 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
I know about that lens it's a legend. And the price just scared me. Pentax lens used = 2000$ while sigma brand new lens is 1350$ otherwise that Pentax is my dream lens. It's amazing.

Last edited by Unregistered User 8; 08-18-2017 at 04:04 PM. Reason: remove swearing
08-18-2017, 04:17 PM - 1 Like   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

---------- Post added 08-18-17 at 03:37 PM ----------

I know about that lens it's a legend. And the price just scared me. Pentax lens used = 2000$ while sigma brand new lens is 1350$ otherwise that Pentax is my dream lens. It's amazing.
Some say the Pentax is worth every penny

Adam

08-19-2017, 11:18 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Historically, Pentax has a reputation for making stellar lenses, while Sigma has been a cheaper alternative until recently.
08-20-2017, 01:16 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Some say the Pentax is worth every penny
I hope so! Because Pentax ain't gonna release lenses like those! Too bad!

---------- Post added 08-20-17 at 01:19 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by hjoseph7 Quote
Historically, Pentax has a reputation for making stellar lenses, while Sigma has been a cheaper alternative until recently.
Yes Pentax does! But now I'm hearing Pentax is gonna sell re-branded high end tarmon lenses! So much for their pedigree in lens making! I hope Pentax makes some of it * lenses.
08-21-2017, 09:43 AM   #12
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Yes Pentax does! But now I'm hearing Pentax is gonna sell re-branded high end tarmon lenses! So much for their pedigree in lens making! I hope Pentax makes some of it * lenses.
I don't think they'd ever put a star on this re-badged lenses. But the recent 70-200mm D FA* is probably one of the sharpest telephotos they've ever put out. I'm just as excited for the upcoming 50mm and 85mm!

Adam

08-21-2017, 11:30 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I don't think they'd ever put a star on this re-badged lenses. But the recent 70-200mm D FA* is probably one of the sharpest telephotos they've ever put out. I'm just as excited for the upcoming 50mm and 85mm!
Well so am I. atleast now the 85mm FA and A lens price will come down
08-23-2017, 01:49 AM   #14
Veteran Member

If a person wanted the Sigma Art 135 (or any other Nikon F mount lens) badly enough for their Pentax couldn't they buy one in Nikon mount and then buy a Leitax Nikon to Pentax K adapter which costs about $79? There would be some work involved to mount the adapter on the lens. Perhaps I'm missing something but it seems to me this would work.

Nikon and Zeiss ZF lenses for Pentax cameras
08-23-2017, 10:27 AM   #15
Pentaxian

I don't buy a Pentax camera to put Sigma glass on it.
I also don't buy a Pentax to put no glass on it :-)
Waiting for *****