Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-31-2017, 04:22 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Are you talking about the F version? Because I owned that one at one time, and sold it just before I moved from Texas.

Or this one?
SMC Pentax-FA 100-300mm F4.7-5.8 Reviews - FA Zoom Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database
I have one of the latter - it's quite possibly the best value-for-not-much-money long zoom AF lens that Pentax made. Light weight and fairly good tactile qualities, in spite of the plastic build, it also has reasonable IQ, but improves with a lens hood (a cheap one from eBay suffices). My back appreciates when I carry it in my bag, rather than my (power-zoom) FA*80-200.

Last edited by RobA_Oz; 08-31-2017 at 11:54 PM.
08-31-2017, 05:11 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Can you put the camera in Manual Focus - disconnect the screwdrive shaft - (for CIF) and still use Power Zoom?
08-31-2017, 05:32 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Can you put the camera in Manual Focus - disconnect the screwdrive shaft - (for CIF) and still use Power Zoom?
CiF only works if the camera is set to AF. But you can trick the camera if you press the lens release button...
08-31-2017, 05:39 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
CiF only works if the camera is set to AF. But you can trick the camera if you press the lens release button...
Doh! (Palm to forehead). Of course. I'd forgotten the release button 'undocumented feature'.

08-31-2017, 05:49 PM   #20
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
I read about disengaging the lens but I'm not sure I want to do that, either.