Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-16-2017, 11:58 AM   #1

adaptall lens problem

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Hi I just ordered this lens on ebay. The ad said for Nikon but when I got it, it actually says " Tamron adaptall 2" for pentax k. Second problem, no dot on back of the lens so I tried using the line at f22 it sort of fit. But it doesn't lock into place. If I can use this as is I'll keep it if not, I'm returning it. I'm not going to buy an adapter for it.

thanks, the pics I took didn't come out so great.

09-16-2017, 12:01 PM   #2

Original Poster
having problems with sending the pics
tamron af aspherical xr ld if 28-300mm macro
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 5  Photo 
09-16-2017, 12:01 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by enyaw Quote
. I'm not going to buy an adapter for it.
As the name implies, the lens will require an adapter to work. If there's no K-mount on the back of the lens, it's possible it came with the Nikon adapter, or no adapter at all. If you don't want to mess with this, I'd just return it.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-16-2017, 12:05 PM   #4

Original Poster
thanks, I think that's false advertising though. 1st time burned on a lens purchase. Now I have to pay for shipping 2x

09-16-2017, 12:12 PM - 1 Like   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

thanks, I think that's false advertising though. 1st time burned on a lens purchase. Now I have to pay for shipping 2x
If the item was not as described, ebay should cover that for you. But start with asking the seller.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-16-2017, 12:22 PM   #6

Original Poster
I already contacted the sell but it's a wknd and they are in japan. I also asked the seller to send an adapter for either pentax or nikon. The ball is in the other court now. I'm just wondering if the shipping will be compensated. 2x for wrong product.
09-16-2017, 12:26 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I already contacted the sell but it's a wknd and they are in japan. I also asked the seller to send an adapter for either pentax or nikon. The ball is in the other court now. I'm just wondering if the shipping will be compensated. 2x for wrong product.
It should be covered by ebay.

Adam

09-16-2017, 12:31 PM   #8

Original Poster
thank you Adam, I think the case will be wrapped up by the end of the wknd. Should I wait for the seller to respond. And if it's bad news, then contact Ebay?
09-16-2017, 12:36 PM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

thank you Adam, I think the case will be wrapped up by the end of the wknd. Should I wait for the seller to respond. And if it's bad news, then contact Ebay?
Yes, you can always escalate it if needed.

The policy is here:
eBay Money Back Guarantee

Adam

09-16-2017, 01:15 PM - 1 Like   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just an FYI, an adaptall-2 lens will always require an adapter for whatever camera you mount it on. Sometimes the adapter is sold with the lens, sometimes not. The ad should have stated something to that effect.
09-16-2017, 03:41 PM   #11

Original Poster
Thanks y'all. The seller responded. And I made such a huge mistake. I didn't try it on the D7000 which is a nikon duh. No adapter required, just line up the dot/line by the aperture settings and I was good to go. Sorry to bother you guys I'm still learning. I was looking for a red dot etc.

allz well that ends well

ps I've never used this type of lens before. And the rear lens cap threw me off. He/she said it's irrelevant it's just a cover, but I think the covers are specific to each manuf. So it must have been a nikon cover.