Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-23-2008, 02:16 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Question about new lens

I picked up a new lens today, but I don't think I got what I was expecting. It was in the bin listed as a 135mm Konica Pentax mount. Once I got home, I checked the forum, and it seems as if these lenses were not made for Pentax, but some people have converted them..?? I took a picture of the mount. Didn't turn out great, but I hope someone can tell me if I should be taking this back or not.

Last edited by eccs19; 07-25-2016 at 05:55 PM.
08-23-2008, 04:52 PM   #2
Veteran Member

My guess would be that since its a konica lens, its probably a konica lens mount, I don't think they really made lenses for other companies. If you search around on this forum, I think there was a thread where someone converted a konica mount lens, but IIRC it was a 50mm, not 135mm.
08-23-2008, 06:19 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It might be a conversion. It looks pretty much like a K-mount and does not particularly resemble the Konica mounts pictured on the Web. Does it LOOK like the mount on your other Pentax lens(es)?

Steve
08-23-2008, 06:26 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
It might be a conversion. It looks pretty much like a K-mount and does not particularly resemble the Konica mounts pictured on the Web. Does it LOOK like the mount on your other Pentax lens(es)?

Steve
Looking more closely at the picture, I can see that it is an Konica AR Bayonet mount. See the illustration at www.buhla.de - Konica Hexanon and Hexar lenses for comparison.

Steve

08-24-2008, 12:08 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Looking at the pictures posted on there, it looks like your correct. Won't work for me. I guess I should look at sending it back.

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Looking more closely at the picture, I can see that it is an Konica AR Bayonet mount. See the illustration at www.buhla.de - Konica Hexanon and Hexar lenses for comparison.

Steve
08-24-2008, 08:48 AM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by eccs19 Quote
Looking at the pictures posted on there, it looks like your correct. Won't work for me. I guess I should look at sending it back.
my guess would be that the "PK" nomenclature gave someone the idea that it was P = pentax and K = konica

kman