Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-31-2017, 02:02 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by cyberjunkie Quote
I appreciate the new pictures....
It was my pleasure. I had fun getting to know my Soligor better.

QuoteQuote:
I'd happy to see the scan of the optical diagram of the 2/135mm C/D.
It's the same lens i have on my K-1 right now!

ciao

Paolo
Haha! That's wonderful to hear.
I really enjoy my C/D lenses. They perform well and look great in their glossy black finish.
Here's the ad (from Popular Photography - November, 1974):

01-09-2018, 09:59 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

bump

@cyberjunkie & @fwcetus,

I found the Soligor 100's optical layout in a Soligor C/D brochure. It's below along with Vivitar Series 1 90mm f/2.5 specs for comparison:

When focusing, the Vivitar's rear element is fixed while the Soligor's elements all move as a unit. So they're completely different designs. But both are a pleasure to use!

P.S. Back in post #13, I included a scan of some Soligor lens specs. It says there the filter size for the 100mm macro is 67mm. Unless there were two versions of the lens, I believe that's incorrect. My 100 has a 62mm filter thread and the specs in the scan above also state 62mm.

Last edited by .a.t.; 01-09-2018 at 10:20 PM. Reason: layout orientation designation!
01-10-2018, 08:09 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks!
Very interesting.
Both lenses look very much Tokina-made, but I was wrong with my assumption that at least the design was similar. It is not.

Cheers

Paolo

01-10-2018, 12:08 PM   #19
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very interesting scans from Soligor, and I guess we now know that the lens in quesion is not a "Bokina" sibling. However,we also would think that it likely is an excellent macro lens to use.

I was a bit curious about the 1:1 macro adapter for the VS1 90/2.5 Macro in the last image posted --

What caught my eye was the blue lettering used on it -- I have never seen one of these with anything other than white lettering (e.g, on one of mine) --

Last edited by fwcetus; 01-10-2018 at 05:11 PM.
01-10-2018, 02:02 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fwcetus Quote
Very interesting scans from Soligor, and I guess we now know that the lens in quesion is not a "Bokina" sibling. However,we also would think that it likely is an excellent macro lens to use.

I was a bit curious about the 1:1 macro adapter for the VS1 90/2.5 Macro in the last image posted --

What caught my eye was the blue lettering used on it -- I have never seen one of these with anything other than white lettering (e.g, on one of mine) --

I'm primarily a backyard / flower snapshooter, and I'm more than happy with the results the Soligor gives. It's not a small lens, but it fits my hands well and I like its comfortable working distance.

Interesting. I never realized there was more than one color for the Vivitar adapter script. My lens is M42 mount, has "VMC" and I believe it was made in January, 1976 (serial #37602343).
01-10-2018, 03:23 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cyberjunkie Quote
Thanks!
Very interesting.
Both lenses look very much Tokina-made, but I was wrong with my assumption that at least the design was similar. It is not.

Cheers

Paolo

You're welcome, Paolo.

And as an aside, I want to say I enjoy your "long winded", thoughtful posts. Please ignore the naysayers (in other threads).