Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 16 Likes Search this Thread
12-02-2017, 07:18 PM - 1 Like   #76
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
They won't. But Olympus has added stabilization to some lenses and apparently in combination with in body stabilization it gives amazing results -- like a couple of seconds hand holding a night scene.
If that's the goal then it would be a huge advantage to Pentax considering the image quality of the new sensors used in the k-70 and the KP. I can just imagine if they tweak the sensor more on the k-3II replacement. This lens would be something that will maximize the out of the camera. I wish I could use this on my K-5II.

12-02-2017, 08:26 PM   #77
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
If that's the goal then it would be a huge advantage to Pentax considering the image quality of the new sensors used in the k-70 and the KP. I can just imagine if they tweak the sensor more on the k-3II replacement. This lens would be something that will maximize the out of the camera. I wish I could use this on my K-5II.
I agree with this comment 100 percent. I would take DUAL I.S. but I doubt we would be THAT lucky. I am just glad to see Pentax committed firmly to crop with this lens. Saving up for it already along with the next flagship crop body whenever it comes in 2018 or 2019. You know Ricoh they aren't ever FAST.
12-03-2017, 03:14 AM   #78
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
I hope they're not going to phase out IBIS. It's like a trade mark or a buy word for Pentax and Olympus. It's one of the.main reasons attracting people into the system. It's a hard core strength that shouldn't be removed
they won't - there are too many other features (pixel shift, AA simulator, astrotracer, horizon correction, image adjustment) that use the same mechanism - it would make no sense
12-03-2017, 04:39 AM   #79
Pentaxian

And there are no optical SR K-mount lens so far.
Even if the DA* 11-18mm would be the first, the others would still rely on the in-body SR. Abandoning in-body SR and starting from scratch with one lens... it won't happen, period.

It's the same as with the KAF3 and screw drive AF: Pentax cameras are supporting both, despite KAF4 and SDM/DC being available.

12-04-2017, 09:05 AM   #80
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I am thinking O.I.S it is. Whether we like it or not. And if IBIS and OIS work well together then why not have an optically stabilized lens? Its been seen even previously that Pentax bring in improved tech from their higher end lenses to APS-C. This may be just one of them.
12-04-2017, 10:24 AM - 1 Like   #81
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
O.I.S seems the least likely of the many other proposed functions for this feature.

It's much more likely that it is:

* zoom lock
* focus lock
* focus-range setting (full/hyperfocal/macro)
* electronic/mechanical aperture control switch
12-04-2017, 10:54 AM   #82
Pentaxian

It's the AF/MF button for left handed people.

Nice to see a filter thread - making this lens more interesting than the 15-30 for using normal size filters or filter systems. APS-C is not only an extender for long glass, but also the system that works best with current day wide angles. Funny story.

12-11-2017, 08:39 PM   #83
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by photoptimist Quote
O.I.S seems the least likely of the many other proposed functions for this feature.

It's much more likely that it is:

* zoom lock
* focus lock
* focus-range setting (full/hyperfocal/macro)
* electronic/mechanical aperture control switch
Something along these lines would be my guess too. Either way I am so excited we are getting it!