Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-11-2017, 07:41 PM   #166
Pentaxian

If someone is trying to reproduce the result of format X on format Y, then he chose the wrong format.

I have my doubts that's a real world use case demonstrating an use for this "equivalence". IMHO you're better off without its restrictions, always.
If you're trying to get a better subject separation, you can alter your position - yes, perspective will change but it's not always critical; or if you open up the aperture keeping the same exposure (by altering the speed as well) is actually an option.

And let's not forget, in the context of this thread people didn't want "a broadly equivalent field of view and depth-of-field". They wanted a lens for their APS-C camera.

11-11-2017, 10:13 PM   #167
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I have just power read this thread and am sure I missed a few things.

There is another aspect overlooked by all, an undocumented problem using a FF lens on a crop sensor cam which is:

When I eat a meal which was photographed with a FF lens/crop cam combination I noticed I put on weight. Now I know why, the meal is bigger.

11-12-2017, 12:39 AM   #168
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
I have just power read this thread and am sure I missed a few things.

There is another aspect overlooked by all, an undocumented problem using a FF lens on a crop sensor cam which is:

When I eat a meal which was photographed with a FF lens/crop cam combination I noticed I put on weight. Now I know why, the meal is bigger.

Of course the meal is bigger, you've got more money to spend on it since you haven't bought the FF body for $$$$!
11-12-2017, 04:06 AM - 1 Like   #169
Moderator PEG Judges
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
Full-frame lens on a crop body not advisable?
I wouldnae get too excited about all that.

I'd have been knackered for years digitally with Pentax if that was the case... well at least until the K1 appeared.

Last edited by Kerrowdown; 11-12-2017 at 04:57 AM.