Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-16-2017, 12:14 AM - 5 Likes   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lens search for third-party Pentax lenses! (beta)

We've just launched an early version of the lens finder / search tool for third-party lenses! We had previously indexed all genuine Pentax lenses, and now we're moving on to third-party lenses that are available new. We are still missing a handful from the likes of Irix, Venus, and Mitakon, so expect those to be added soon. If there are any others you think we've missed, let us know.

Same goes for any issues or errors you may find on the page below:

Third Party Lenses | PentaxForums.com

Once the listing of current lenses is complete, we'll proceed to the most popular legacy lenses, which may involve community contributions in order to get all the specs right

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-16-2017, 02:02 AM   #2
ebk
Loyal Site Supporter

good idea adam!!!.

missing the tamron Pentax sp af 17-35mmm f2.8-4.

good lens for Pentax k-1 and aps-c.

regards
11-16-2017, 03:00 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
We are still missing a handful from the likes of Irix, Venus, and Mitakon, so expect those to be added soon. If there are any others you think we've missed, let us know.
You and PF continue to amaze me. This is such a great resource and I appreciate the continuing improvements. Thank you!

I presume you've also got Rokinon, Bower, Vivitar, Lensbaby, and Meyer-Optik on your list too?
11-16-2017, 03:30 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ebk Quote
missing the tamron Pentax sp af 17-35mmm f2.8-4.
AFAIK that one isn't available new, but please correct me if I'm wrong

QuoteOriginally posted by Alex645 Quote
You and PF continue to amaze me. This is such a great resource and I appreciate the continuing improvements. Thank you! I presume you've also got Rokinon, Bower, Vivitar, Lensbaby, and Meyer-Optik on your list too?
Thanks! Rokinon and Bower are just rebrands, so to keep things simple all those lenses will be found under the Samyang brand (though we do track their prices separately). Lensbaby and Meyer Optik will follow after the Irix and Venus lenses are all added. I'm still debating whether or not to include the Composer series or just the Velvet lens. Are there any Vivitar lenses for Pentax that aren't Samyang clones?

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-16-2017, 03:32 AM   #5
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This is great, Adam. While I am not likely to be looking for a new lens any time soon, it is a great answer to the "no third-party lenses for Pentax" complaints.
11-16-2017, 04:56 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Rokinon and Bower are just rebrands, so to keep things simple all those lenses will be found under the Samyang brand (though we do track their prices separately). Are there any Vivitar lenses for Pentax that aren't Samyang clones?
I wasn't aware that Rokinon/Bower were Samyang rebrands, but that's helpful info.

IDK about Vivitar. Can someone else confirm?
11-16-2017, 05:41 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
wow, nice!

11-16-2017, 06:45 AM   #8
ebk
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Alex645 Quote
You and PF continue to amaze me. This is such a great resource and I appreciate the continuing improvements. Thank you!

I presume you've also got Rokinon, Bower, Vivitar, Lensbaby, and Meyer-Optik on your list too?
your right adam.

the tamron Pentax isn't new.
bought the tamron Pentax 17-35mm second hand in Belgium.
for me a good alternative for the Pentax 15-35mm
regards
11-16-2017, 09:59 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Making a great site even better! Thanks, Adam.

. . .
If there are any others you think we've missed, let us know. . .
According to the Arax website, their 35mm f/2.8 and 80mm f/2.8 tilt / shift lenses are available in K mount (and M42, et al). I believe the lenses are also sometimes labelled "Arsat" and "Photex".
11-16-2017, 01:21 PM   #10
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by .a.t. Quote
According to the Arax website, their 35mm f/2.8 and 80mm f/2.8 tilt / shift lenses are available in K mount (and M42, et al). I believe the lenses are also sometimes labelled "Arsat" and "Photex".
Thanks, will look in to these!

QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
About 99% of the thousands of Vivitar lenses in Pentax mounts are not Samyangs. Since Vivitar (Ponder and Best) ceased to exist, the brand has been attached at times to some of the various multibranded Samyangs and Cosinas, but it's only a handful.
Does this apply to any current lenses? I know that old Vivitars have nothing to do with Samyang.

Adam

11-16-2017, 01:31 PM   #11
Pentaxian

If you exclude the Sigma Super Telephoto lenses, the highest priced lens on your list is only $899. To me that is an indication that these third party lenses you list are pretty average optics.

What I'd like to see would be more third party lenses offered that were higher-priced/higher-quality lenses.

The K1 (being one of the best full frame still cameras out there) deserves to be used with better lenses.
11-16-2017, 02:12 PM - 1 Like   #12
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
If you exclude the Sigma Super Telephoto lenses, the highest priced lens on your list is only $899. To me that is an indication that these third party lenses you list are pretty average optics.

What I'd like to see would be more third party lenses offered that were higher-priced/higher-quality lenses.

The K1 (being one of the best full frame still cameras out there) deserves to be used with better lenses.
If only Sigma could launch more of their Art primes in the K mount! Sadly, I doubt it will ever happen.

Adam

11-16-2017, 03:31 PM   #13
Pentaxian

If only Sigma could launch more of their Art primes in the K mount! Sadly, I doubt it will ever happen.
The lack of premium-quality lenses being released by third-party lens makers, is all the more reason for Pentax/Ricoh to immediately release lots of new premium lenses for the K1 full frame!

The incredible delays in releasing the new road-map lenses is hurting the Pentax brand!

If Zeiss Milvus and Classic lenses could not be adapted to the Pentax K mount, I would probably have left Pentax when the Nikon 850 camera came out.

Last edited by Fenwoodian; 11-16-2017 at 03:39 PM.
11-17-2017, 02:56 PM   #14
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Thanks for a lot of hard work from @Ole , we should now have all Lensbaby, Irix, and Mitakon lenses added.

The list should now be complete, except for the two Arax T/S lenses which I'm looking into.

If there are any other current lenses missing (i.e. those for which you can find a new purchase link from a store or manufacturer), please let us know!

Adam

11-18-2017, 04:32 AM   #15
Pentaxian

Great Work!
What about the discontinued third-party lenses?

If there are any other current lenses missing (i.e. those for which you can find a new purchase link from a store or manufacturer), please let us know!

Sigma AF 24mm 1.8 EX DG Asp Makro
Sigma AF 28mm 1.8 EX DG Asp Makro
Sigma AF 85mm 1.4 EX DG HSM