Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 71 Likes Search this Thread
11-20-2017, 04:11 PM - 1 Like   #91
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That lack of "jump" is what I've always associated with a "clinical" lens. I had a FA50 1.7 too, and it was definitely different than the DA50. I also can't quite put my finger on it beyond some sort of je ne sais pas.

To echo BigMackCam, it's not about the emotions attached to photos of your grandkids nor the overall framing and composition. Its in the details... the Limiteds are more painterly than the DA* lenses I guess is one way I'd put it. I do think the 3rd sunrise with the sun over the ridge is the strongest image of the 3, but the first two show the difference between the 16-50 and the 15 better which I believe is the point of the thread.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
31mm, 50mm, bit, bowl, dust, exif, exposure, f/1.4, flickr, image, images, k-mount, lens, owner, pentax, pentax lens, pentax-da, photo, pixie, pm, post, reviews, shot, slr lens, specimen, vs