Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-26-2017, 12:14 PM   #16

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mikesbike Quote
The MZ-S does require a lens aperture ring to set aperture in the manual mode or in aperture priority mode. All manual-focus film bodies also require having one. The PZ-1p has important advancements over the PZ-1, including mirror lockup with the 2-second timer.

I believe the MZ-6 and ZX-L are in fact the same, just different model names, the latter being for the US market. They will indeed work fine with lenses that do or do not have an aperture ring. They are small and light, not anything like a DSLR in design or control features. Their metering is especially accurate as I recall, nearly as good as the PZ-1p. I'd love to have a full-frame DSLR as small, light, and as simple to use as this model!
QuoteOriginally posted by twilhelm Quote
The MZ-6 coupled with the battery grip is as near a perfect, lightweight full frame camera as Iíve encountered. Iíve found the metering to be very accurate, even more so than my much newer DSLRs.
Using negative films you commonly shouldn't be worry about overexposing. Film saves most details even you image is overexposed up to 1 - 1.5EV. This why many people guess that metering on film cameras more accurate

My wife and me used MZ-6 often, especially in long vacation. But, "owning cost" of 35mm film camera is increases year to year. Quality of film scans was comparable with K-5 images. But switching to K-3 and then to K-1 totally moved MZ-6 to the shelf.
In my opinion - the only BW photo with full processing (development and printing in large format) gives the benefits over DSLR

11-26-2017, 03:49 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tregubovav Quote
Using negative films you commonly shouldn't be worry about overexposing. Film saves most details even you image is overexposed up to 1 - 1.5EV. This why many people guess that metering on film cameras more accurate

My wife and me used MZ-6 often, especially in long vacation. But, "owning cost" of 35mm film camera is increases year to year. Quality of film scans was comparable with K-5 images. But switching to K-3 and then to K-1 totally moved MZ-6 to the shelf.
In my opinion - the only BW photo with full processing (development and printing in large format) gives the benefits over DSLR
I agree with your statement regarding the latitude of film. My costs are controlled considerably as I do my own processing of black and white and color film.

I enjoy shooting film plus it makes me think about what Iím doing beforehand. Itís good exercise for me for when I do paid work, which I use a DSLR for.