Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-27-2017, 03:03 PM - 4 Likes   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2015
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 6,290
Pentax back-compatibility to the rescue!

So, last night I brought my macro lens home from work because I wanted to digitise a film, but I was too exhausted to do it, and this morning I completely forgot it. On a day when I knew I would need it.

Now, I might have driven back home for it but this would mean losing my place in the car park and possibly needing to drive around for half an hour looking for a spot when I got back. What have I got actually with me? And then I remembered I'd brought my MX with my late father-in-law's Vivitar 28mm f/2.8 on it. Quick trip to biomed engineering to get some conductive tape on the back of the mount (the original strip having worn off) so I could stop it down, and bingo! With a MFD of < 30cm it's good enough for 90% of what I needed, and the other 10% can be fixed further in formalin and wait till another day.

So thank you once more to Pentax for retaining the K mount over all these years and giving us back-compatibility for K/M-era glass.

11-27-2017, 05:33 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
fwcetus's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: New England
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,285
QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
so thank you once more to pentax for retaining the k mount over all these years and giving us back-compatibility for k/m-era glass.

amen !!!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
day, home, k-mount, mount, pentax, pentax lens, slr lens
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pets Addy the Rescue Dog to the Rescue - Ever Vigilant sealonsf Post Your Photos! 6 07-01-2018 06:36 AM
Nature Snake rescue (don't use sticky glue rodent traps!) Knock Post Your Photos! 2 10-08-2017 06:35 AM
Nature Mushrooms: XG-1 to the rescue normhead Post Your Photos! 10 10-04-2017 04:09 PM
I self-published a photo book as a fundraiser for an animal rescue group frogoutofwater General Photography 4 05-03-2016 11:33 AM
People Captain America to the rescue.... Pavel_Zhelev Post Your Photos! 15 03-18-2016 05:34 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:34 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top