Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-27-2017, 03:03 PM - 4 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax back-compatibility to the rescue!

So, last night I brought my macro lens home from work because I wanted to digitise a film, but I was too exhausted to do it, and this morning I completely forgot it. On a day when I knew I would need it.

Now, I might have driven back home for it but this would mean losing my place in the car park and possibly needing to drive around for half an hour looking for a spot when I got back. What have I got actually with me? And then I remembered I'd brought my MX with my late father-in-law's Vivitar 28mm f/2.8 on it. Quick trip to biomed engineering to get some conductive tape on the back of the mount (the original strip having worn off) so I could stop it down, and bingo! With a MFD of < 30cm it's good enough for 90% of what I needed, and the other 10% can be fixed further in formalin and wait till another day.

So thank you once more to Pentax for retaining the K mount over all these years and giving us back-compatibility for K/M-era glass.

11-27-2017, 05:33 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
so thank you once more to pentax for retaining the k mount over all these years and giving us back-compatibility for k/m-era glass.

amen !!!