Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-04-2006, 11:34 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Rebate help for the paperwork impaired

Here's why I hate dealing with rebates: screw something up inadvertently, and you lose. What recourse do you have if they say you didn't fill the form out right? My blood pressure jumps twenty points, I swear, every time working on one of these. Don't laugh - it's close to a full-blown phobia with me. Seems like there's always something ambiguous in the instructions, and until the check arrives, or "8-10 weeks" have passed and it doesn't arrive, I can't know whether I did good or not.

Maybe this isn't as hard as I think. But anyway, I got my FA50 1.4 a few days ago and have been putting off doing the paperwork. Now I make myself sit down in front of it. I made it past the email address and it wants to know the "product code serial number(s)". Huh? There's a product code, and there's a serial number, right? Which do they want on that line? Both? Something else?

The bottom of the form says "More info: www.pentaximaging.com/rebates" so I went there to have a look. Know what the more info is? The same rebate form, which you can download and print out again. No instructions, no examples, no FAQ.

Can some kind soul set me straight? If I get the right info in that field, I think I can manage finding an envelope and stamp without suffering a coronary.

10-04-2006, 02:37 PM   #2

I think they only need the product code but they make it kind of confusing when they write Product Code Serial Numbers (maybe the product code IS the serial number?). I have mine filled out for the 50-200 but I haven't mailed it in yet. I wrote in 21567 since that's what is printed above the UPC and it matches up with one of the two they have listed on the rebate form. I always photocopy everything before mailing and since this one is $50 I'll probably spend a few dollars to send it certified just so I have proof that it was delivered. Don't you love rebates?!!
10-04-2006, 03:20 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It's been 9 months...

Hi Sluggo!

It's been just over 9 months since I sent in all the info/pieces for the rebate for my FA77. It was an unexpected gift from my husband, so I know I'm really 'paying' for it but I'm about ready to just give up on the rebate part.

One thing I do remember reading earlier in the year is that you need to use the PENTAX form. Mine came from B&H and I just used the form they sent. That may be part of the problem, but it's still just not worth the trouble to me at this point.
10-04-2006, 05:02 PM   #4
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I agree, I hate these as well.

I would give them both the product code and the serial number, and clearly state what's what.