Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-18-2018, 06:17 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The Pentax Marketplace | Buy & Sell Pentax Cameras and Lenses - PentaxForums.com

01-18-2018, 06:32 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I would add the Sigma 17-70 DC Macro to the list (any version) - very nice lens, and fairly affordable.
Not sure where you are located, but I've had good success buying right here on the PF Marketplace.
01-24-2018, 12:22 PM   #18
Pix

Original Poster
My K-S2 delivered recently, really excellent condition, can't wait to get some lens to try.
Regarding lens after thorough checking I think I will get Sigma 17-50mm. According many reviews I see that this lens have great value for money, and for near 250 usd I can get lens in mint condition, hopefully this will be good decision.
01-24-2018, 02:13 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pix Quote
My K-S2 delivered recently, really excellent condition, can't wait to get some lens to try.
Regarding lens after thorough checking I think I will get Sigma 17-50mm. According many reviews I see that this lens have great value for money, and for near 250 usd I can get lens in mint condition, hopefully this will be good decision.
I doubt you will regret that decision. There are a lot of other options that others (myself included) may advise you to get - but that lens is well respected and should offer great value and work well for you.

01-24-2018, 04:07 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pix Quote
I found some models like: -Pentax DA 21mm f/3.2 AL Limited -Samyang 16mm f2.0 -Tokina 17mm f3.5 -Pentax da 15mm f4 (more expensive)
I had a similar dillema some years ago, but fewer choices. I started with the Samyang 14mm, because at the time it was far cheaper than the others and the 16mm f2 was not yet released. Later I got M 28mm and then DA 21mm ltd. Oh and DA 35mm, which is not really wide on APSC, but a good affordable prime.
The DA 21mm is amazing, really great. But it is not ultra wide. My recommendation is go with DA 21mm if you want a lens that is wide, has great colours and contrasts and is super compact. Get Samyang 16mm f2 if you want something really wide and fast. Samyang 14mm is almost awkwardly wide and it has some other weaknesses (cannot remove hood, cannot use filter, had decentering problems in the past, really difficult to focus due to wide DoF). Sharpness is not too different, as all three of these lenses are very sharp.