Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-16-2008, 10:11 AM   #46
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by angelodn Quote
you make me crazy...........

p.s.
If I can do some test to compare the A* to the T* let me know...
Bokeh, bokeh, bokeh. lol!

QuoteOriginally posted by angelodn Quote
considering to use zeiss and voigtlender lenses (no pentax), probably I'd buy a Fuji S5....
Hmm, interesting camera, but F mount. And no Pentax, in-body SR

Ok, time for another pic -

T*85 @ f2.0, tweaked the channel mixer to impart an look old, and layered a TTV kindly shared by Nesster on flickr. Its my neice emulating her grandpa

09-16-2008, 02:03 PM   #47
Pentaxian

Wonderful shot. simply wonderful

QuoteOriginally posted by thePiRaTE!! Quote
Bokeh, bokeh, bokeh. lol!

Hmm, interesting camera, but F mount. And no Pentax, in-body SR

Ok, time for another pic -

T*85 @ f2.0, tweaked the channel mixer to impart an look old, and layered a TTV kindly shared by Nesster on flickr. Its my neice emulating her grandpa
09-16-2008, 02:43 PM   #48

Hey cool, love to see some samples from your 85 at the wedding - glad to hear it was a good performer for you.
just 3 shots:

09-16-2008, 02:47 PM   #49
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
check out these guys in Montreal
Leica Boutique - Montreal Canada's premier Leica dealer

or Harry in Toronto
zk
I buy mine through "The Camera Store" here in Calgary. They had to special order mine and it did take a while, but perhaps I got the ball rolling, everyone uses the same distributor in Canada (Genlec I believe it was). Also, their price is usually 1033 for the 85/1.4. I was given a better deal due to a mistake delaying my order further.

I would ask anyone else you bought through in Canada to match that price, if not, I'd just hit up the internet if you're going to pay a premium to get one now off ebay. David, I would definately cancel with Adorama, only because you'll pay top end (factor in shipping, duty and GST at the border) and still have to wait.

K.
Thank you, k100d and Kelly. I checked yesterday with Leica Boutique in Montreal and they had the Zeiss in stock, so I ordered it and cancel my previous order at Adorama. The lens should be shipped tomorrow and will reach my apartment in few days. Once I'll have time to test it, I'll post some pics )

By the way, beautiful pics (again !) Kelly !

David

09-16-2008, 03:46 PM   #50
Veteran Member

no problems .... just contribute to this post, would like to see more photos
i almost bought a 58mm nokton there, but for you it's as close as getting it local :P
09-16-2008, 04:46 PM   #51
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Angelo, I really like shot #1 and #3 there, the focus is narrow yet striking and clear. How was your success rate shooting manual?

David, thanks. As Simon says, I'm also looking forward to more contributions of 85 goodness
09-16-2008, 04:50 PM   #52
Pentaxian

Angelo, I really like shot #1 and #3 there, the focus is narrow yet striking and clear. How was your success rate shooting manual?

David, thanks. As Simon says, I'm also looking forward to more contributions of 85 goodness
I may have a few with a pretty rare subject in a few days
09-21-2008, 01:04 PM   #53
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Duplo Quote
I may have a few with a pretty rare subject in a few days
Been a few days! hehe.

In the meantime, I've been still working out the 25 and leaves. I love sunlight in leaves, the color reflects the season and the Distagon allows me a favourable perspective of it. FWIW, I think this is my favourite lens overall by a bit, though it can't do everything, I still need the others.

T*25 @ 2.8

09-22-2008, 12:30 PM   #54
Pentaxian

It has indeed.
Almost there now, burning down the last files to DVD to the client right now.
Upload to Homepage has been done, but I still need to get stuff organised.

This week, that is a promise

Your photo looks real good I think.

Been a few days! hehe.

In the meantime, I've been still working out the 25 and leaves. I love sunlight in leaves, the color reflects the season and the Distagon allows me a favourable perspective of it. FWIW, I think this is my favourite lens overall by a bit, though it can't do everything, I still need the others.

T*25 @ 2.8

09-23-2008, 08:42 AM   #55

Zeiss/Contax Sonnar 85mm bokeh

I used the Contax Sonnar 85/2.8 a lot on my site, here on a K20D at 1/20, stabilized and wide open.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 

Last edited by Dav5002; 09-23-2008 at 10:49 AM.
09-24-2008, 11:43 AM   #56
Pentaxian

This week, that is a promise
See, sometimes I really do keep my promises
Well anyway I promised you a couple of unusual shots with the zeiss lenses, It was a tough trip, butwhat a dream assignment.

3 from the zeiss 28/2:

2 from the Zeiss 85/1.4:

09-24-2008, 11:45 AM   #57
Veteran Member

what exactly is it that you do that you get to see wonderful landscapes and use nice cameras and lenses ?
09-24-2008, 12:13 PM   #58
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
what exactly is it that you do that you get to see wonderful landscapes and use nice cameras and lenses ?
Luck, is the key I think
09-24-2008, 04:24 PM   #59
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Luck, is the key I think
I may have interpretted him wrong, but I think he's asking you what line of work you're in that you get to be in these situations and can afford the gear, hehe.

It certainly is not luck that you had so much sky and ice and not 1 pixel is over exposed. That is skill Great shots, interesting environment - rare indeed! Thanks for posting.

Last edited by thePiRaTE!!; 09-24-2008 at 04:30 PM.
09-24-2008, 04:38 PM   #60
Pentaxian

I may have interpretted him wrong, but I think he's asking you what line of work you're in that you get to be in these situations and can afford the gear, hehe.
Ohh, I see...

Well two jobs is the key
These particular photos is from a 9 day assignment shooting portfolio work for a couple of large incomming agencies.

But other than that I have a primary job consulting on industry development and distribution strategy in the Airline Industry

It certain is not luck that you had so much sky and ice and not 1 pixel is over exposed. That is skill Great shots, interesting environment - rare indeed! Thanks for posting.
thank you both for commenting and liking.