Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
02-10-2018, 11:21 AM   #1

Hello from Alberta

I have a small collection of Pentax lenses that have been sitting in storage for too long. I worked in a camera store in the early 90's and was the only employee interested in Pentax at the time. I managed to get some interesting glass without really trying. Anyway, I'm not using them and I'd like to get them into the hands of someone who will. Here's the list I'll put on the marketplace, I'm wondering if it's best to list them as a group or separately?

A 15mm f3.5
FA* 24mm f2.8
SMC 28mm f2.0 (Hollywood)
SMC 50mm f1.2
SMC 200mm f2.5

There are some less interesting lenses as well.

02-10-2018, 01:01 PM   #2

I think there are different markets for the different lenses. Probably best to post separately
02-10-2018, 01:37 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Hello from Medicine Hat. God luck with selling your lenses, I too think best to sell them separately. Put them on one listing with separate prices and mention combined shipping one two or more lenses.
02-10-2018, 02:47 PM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by SX-70 Quote
Hello from Alberta
Welcome to the forum, another vote for selling them separately, then folk can buy the ones that interest them.

02-10-2018, 10:29 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SX-70 Quote
I'm wondering if it's best to list them as a group or separately?
It depends on how much you want for them, how patient are you to sell them individually, whatʻs the benefit for a buyer to acquire them as a set?

If you really just want to unload them and be done, you have to be willing to sell all five for the price of maybe 2 or 3. Most buyers arenʻt in the market for someone elseʻs assorted set unless they are just going to flip it because they low-ball you.

I agree with the previous posts that youʻre more likely to get greater interest and return if you sell them individually.

PS. I have a 3+ hour layover in Calgary next week. Any recommendations (quality not price) for food at the airport?
02-11-2018, 01:26 PM - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Alex645 Quote
PS. I have a 3+ hour layover in Calgary next week. Any recommendations (quality not price) for food at the airport?
Although the city has some very good restaurants, within the boundaries of the airport itself it is the usual collection of chains.

Personally, if I was trapped in YYC for 3 hours I would get something from Green Chili in the food fair (if you like Indian food), then go sit in Vin Room and have a couple of nice glasses of wine.

Otherwise, I'd suggest trying one of the hotel restaurants.
02-11-2018, 01:49 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by YeOldePentaxian Quote
Green Chili in the food fair (if you like Indian food), then go sit in Vin Room and have a couple of nice glasses of wine.
Mahalo! Love Indian food (anything with curry). Unfortunately, I am chaperoning two teenaged students and they are not of legal drinking age, even in Canada...so the wine will have to wait.