Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-12-2018, 08:08 PM   #1

Aperture stuck Super-Takumar Zoom 70-150mm

I just received this lens as part of a package deal with another lens from eBay ($21 for this lens, a 135mm prime, a couple of tele-converters, flash and a photo bag). I was hoping both would work with out any issues. Focus and zoom work properly, but the aperture ring is stuck on f11 and will not rotate.

Any suggestions on what I can try to get it unstuck? I'm not looking to spend much money on it since I got it so cheap.

Update: After looking and playing with the focus and zoom, it feels like it has been damaged. There's some side to side movement when holding the focus/zoom slider. I don't know the history of this lens, so I won't be heartbroken if it can't be fixed.

Last edited by caferacer73; 02-12-2018 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Adding new info
02-13-2018, 05:43 AM   #2

Either attempt a DIY repair or send it out for professional repair. You may even find a local repair shop. Repair is problematic if parts are needed. These are running from about $40 to $170 USD shipping included on eBay. It is your call if it is worth it or not or how much you want to spend.

This lens seems to have rather good reviews:
Super-Takumar Zoom 70-150mm F4.5 Reviews - M42 Screwmount Zoom Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database
02-13-2018, 09:36 AM   #3

Original Poster
I was looking at ones in better condition. I haven't decided yet if I want to try to repair it, replace it or not even bother with it. Still trying to figure out what size lenses I want for my Spotmatic II, so I'm not in a hurry to make a decision.
02-13-2018, 11:35 AM   #4

Since it still focuses and zooms fine you can play with it as is and see if you like the lens enough to even bother fixing or replacing it.